Air scribe maintenance - oil?

Flx

Hi
I bought a 2nd hand air scribe some time ago. It seems to be a CP9361 with a modified front piece (I assume PaleoTools).

The tool seems to work very well (muuuuuuch better than electric engravers). The seller did not give me any info about maintenance though.

I assume that the tool requires some oil? If so, what type of oil should be used? Does normal WD-40 work or do I need a special oil for air tools? Also, where do it put the oil exactly and what amounts?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I am a little bit afraid that the wrong oil will damage the seals or the oil will be sprayed onto my fossil by the front nozzle. :wacko:

Put 4 drops of compressed air tool oil in the intake of your hose. I have found that every 48 hours of use is good. If the tool starts stalling, you may also have to open the head, clean the stylus and gasket and put a drop of the same oil where the gasket seats. I never found too much oil to be a problem with these tools, although you will want to blow out any excess before you start to work or you will have an oil covered fossil. If you start having problems with this scribe, it probably is due to a worn gasket. I always had to replace mine pretty regularly (available from paleotools). Good luck with it. 

• I found this Informative 2

Harbor Freight in the USA sell small bottles of oil and they also have a air tool cleaner that can help clean the insides.  Use it first then use oil. You can find this oil at a hardware type store in you area.

Question for the more experienced.  Is it ok to put the oil in the intake side of the hose before the filter?  Seems the oil may clog the filter.