What kind of tooth is this? Oviraptor?

FrostbyteFossils

Okay, so i recently ordered and received this "tooth" from a 100% trusted seller. It was sold to me as a chirostenotes tooth but that doesn't add up cause i thought they were jawless. There was a jaw specimen found but later redescribed as Richardoestesia. Maybe its another type of small oviraptor? Does anyone know what this is?

(The tooth is only 3mm long so it was really hard to take a picture of it and only 4mb allowed to upload pics so just ask and i'll reply with more).

1513400846291308736232.jpg

Like Nimravis said we need better pictures.  Shoot straight in not at an angle, more light and both sides.  Also locality of where it was found including formation would help with an ID. 

Oviraptors do have jaws but are toothless and that includes Chirostenotes.  Your seller may be trusted but appears to know very little about dinosaurs.  Being new to forum let me ask you not to trust what any seller identifies their dinosaur material as because to often it's not accurate.  Post here before you buy to confirm an ID 

• I found this Informative 1

Im sorry, guys but it turns out my friend dropped the tooth while looking at it and its disappeared. Sorry to waste your time. I feel really bad. :(

I've lost small teeth it's a bummer they tend to bounce with hitting the floor.  Well if you do find it please take those pictures.  Good luck in your hunt.

Yeah. Sorry again. Also, I just realised i said i knew that chirostenotes were jawless. Lol i meant to say toothless. Im tired. :):D

• I found this Informative 1

If I had just paid a load of money on a tiny dino tooth and my friend dropped it, i would have him or her on hands and knees licking the carpet until the tooth is recovered. 

Goodness. 

• I found this Informative 3

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

21 minutes ago, FrostbyteFossils said:

Im sorry, guys but it turns out my friend dropped the tooth while looking at it and its disappeared. Sorry to waste your time. I feel really bad. :(

If you dropped it in doors put a new bag in your vacuum and give your room a good clean and then go fossil hunting in the vacuum bag. It has worked for me you never know your luck. I hate to think it has gone for good..

• I found this Informative 4

Put a stocking over the end of the hose of the vacuum cleaner and then go round where you dropped it. It is easier than searching through a bag you just have a small area to search. Wives don't mind sacrificing small things for collections, ask any of my exes

• I found this Informative 7

10 hours ago, Taogan said:

Put a stocking over the end of the hose of the vacuum cleaner and then go round where you dropped it. It is easier than searching through a bag you just have a small area to search. Wives don't mind sacrificing small things for collections, ask any of my exes

That’s what I’ve done in the past. Works well

If its not carpet a soft broom will cover a large area then search through what you sweep up as the little sucker could have travelled a couple of metres.

Mike

On 12/16/2017 at 5:01 AM, Taogan said:

Wives don't mind sacrificing small things for collections, ask any of my exes

lol so subtle i almost missed it