Site dedicated to Spinosaurid's

Troodon

Came across this site hosted by Christophe Hendrickx a well known theropod Paleontologist.   A lot of what he has is already provided in papers but this is the first site completely dedicated to the worldwide group of dinosaurs know as Spinosauridae  Pretty cool.

This site like many others has a bias toward what paleontologist believes and who he is associated with... so no mention Sigilmassasaurus.  I found it interesting but its not gospel just another source of information and opinion.  Remember theropods from the Kem Kem especially Spinosaurids are poorly understood and lots of different opinions are out there.

It provides multiple language translations from French so its perfect to our worldwide members.

http://spinosauridae.fr.gd/Accueil.htm

Lots of cool illustrations all together.

spinoanatomy.thumb.jpg.d632d12391fcf4f27716dfd6052adfac.jpg

Spinosaurus vertebra

spinocaudalvert.jpg.e072ef883a0e271b070f1b6ad532ed8e.jpgspinodorsvert2.jpg.7245a180a5e067ec11fa426def797291.jpg 

Suchomimus arm

suchobras.jpg.100ae940493dde9e7a27b900c938a7fb.jpg

• I found this Informative 11

Interesting. I was actually thinking of putting together a post and gathering what we currently know about Spinosaurus or Spinosaurids in Kem Kem.

It looks like this site hasn't been updated in a while. The newest thing on the Scientific news page is from 2013. So that would explain a lack of short legged Spinosaurus and Sigilmassasaurus as a Spinosaurid.

• I found this Informative 1

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

38 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

Interesting. I was actually thinking of putting together a post and gathering what we currently know about Spinosaurus or Spinosaurids in Kem Kem.

It looks like this site hasn't been updated in a while. The newest thing on the Scientific news page is from 2013. So that would explain a lack of short legged Spinosaurus and Sigilmassasaurus as a Spinosaurid.

Yes I noticed that but it's still a good reference under one roof.  It may also be that this topic is so controversial or uncertain that he may not want to take a position on it at this point.  The last paper I saw on Spinosaiurids compared against other species but clearly stated the Kem Kem is too uncertain to look at .

Edited by Troodon
  • I found this Informative 1

• 2 years later...
On 16/12/2017 at 12:21 PM, Troodon said:

Yes I noticed that but it's still a good reference under one roof.  It may also be that this topic is so controversial or uncertain that he may not want to take a position on it at this point.  The last paper I saw on Spinosaiurids compared against other species but clearly stated the Kem Kem is too uncertain to look at .

Hi all,

No, actually the only reason why my website is outdated is because I now have to put my time and energy writing and publishing papers. Otherwise, I will not find a permanent position as a vertebrate palaeontologist somewhere, which would destroy my childhood dream! I would love to update my website with all the discoveries on Spinosauridae (as well as the pages on Spinosauridae, Spinosaurus and dinosaurs on the French Wikipedia) but I just don't have the time to do that anymore. If I get a permanent position somewhere, I may come back to this in the future but for now, I have more important things in the way (including some projects on the scaly skin of non-avian dinosaurs. Stay tuned!).

Cheers and thanks for all the nice comments about my work, much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Christophe

• I found this Informative 7