Preparation of Zuul crurivastator

Troodon

19 minutes ago, RJB said:

I saw the photo of the guy laying on it while prepping

Its a prep person being totally immersed in his work and loving every minute 

• 10 months later...

Dave Evans retweeted " if anyone is interested in a model of Zuul from Safari Ltd"

Screenshot_20220505-065142_Chrome.thumb.jpg.33a9d976483edeb8abc6f64b3a4f793a.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

I must have missed the details on the availability of a model...details please?

17 minutes ago, Caverat said:

I must have missed the details on the availability of a model...details please?

I have no details other that what I said other than being sold by Safari Ltd.

Can't find anything on their site about a Zuul figure.

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

32 minutes ago, daves64 said:

Can't find anything on their site about a Zuul figure.

On went on their site about an hour ago through a twitter link and it was there but not immediately available, they also had a price .   Just went back in an its gone.   So its possible it was a premature announcement.  Im sure at some point it will be available...

• 6 months later...

Jim Kirkland posted these images along with the following comments and learned something

"In awe of the mighty Zuul. These Euomphacephalines reabsorb much of the underlying osteoderms in ontongeny but clearly the overlying keratin continues to grow"

FgzX-1MWAAAwlR3.thumb.jpeg.1a71dc10a44a3d8985f2b7791774c44d.jpeg

"From underside"

"Osteoderm is a bone support that forms under the scales of hatchling. This type of Ankylosauridae after growing a big osteoderm reabsorb and remodel the osteoderm more than other anky families. These huge spiny $ plate-like scales keep growing."

FgzgJ2EXwAEde-r.thumb.jpeg.1e6267b80deab592fae654815da8b56c.jpeg

• Enjoyed 3

• 1 month later...

Dave Evans posted flash back photos and comment when they flipped this block.

"Absolutely incredible day-the gigantic DinoZuul body block was flipped over! At over 10,000lbs, this a huge technical challenge & nerve-racking to say the least. It went perfectly. Now can’t wait to see what’s inside. Hats off to the ResearchCasting team on the amazing job."

Screenshot_20221220_055505_Twitter.thumb.jpg.820fc563447513f6931fd074f4385c25.jpg

Screenshot_20221220_055452_Twitter.thumb.jpg.af887ed720e20891571348ad611c4098.jpg

Screenshot_20221220_055517_Twitter.thumb.jpg.553d6e62196227d2166e53b9a52a264f.jpg

• Enjoyed 2

7 minutes ago, Troodon said:

At over 10,000lbs, this a huge technical challenge & nerve-racking to say the least.

There's a nail-biter for you. Looks like they took all necessary precautions on such a unique and (scientifically) valuable fossil.

:thumbsu:

So something like a couple more years before Zuul is ready for the public then? I'll be booking plane tickets when that becomes available.

On 6/26/2021 at 9:08 AM, Troodon said:

Its a prep person being totally immersed in his work and loving every minute 

Goes without saying...time passes much too quickly when absorbed in that zen-like immersion of a fun prep job. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

9 minutes ago, digit said:

There's a nail-biter for you. Looks like they took all necessary precautions on such a unique and (scientifically) valuable fossil.

:thumbsu:

So something like a couple more years before Zuul is ready for the public then? I'll be booking plane tickets when that becomes available.

Goes without saying...time passes much too quickly when absorbed in that zen-like immersion of a fun prep job. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

I don't know what's currently on display at the ROM other than a replica but one is on its way to Japan for an exhibition

Screenshot_20221220_061607_Twitter.thumb.jpg.7f67512c29dad19d8c8d68cda64f0369.jpg

• Enjoyed 3

That's so cool it's chillier than liquid O2. :P

The ROM is a wonderful museum and part of one day was not nearly enough to do it justice. It's on the list...

Cheers.

-Ken