Kem Kem claw

Anomotodon

I've recently found an interesting specimen on one website - a phalanx and a claw of a Kem Kem dinosaur (?). Claw is 24 mm, phalanx is 17 mm. I don't know if they are associated.

However, the price really surprised me - it is more than twice lower than a typical price for moroccan claws. Do you think it is real? I think I see some restoration on the claw, but I am not very familiar with moroccan dinosaur bones, so I would like to ask opinion of forum members. Do you think I should buy it?

image.thumb.png.0ec2cc1e68f358aab2b568ea06b99133.png

image.png.a33b16e9d6faea2fb17953f4973ea48c.png

The Tooth Fairy

What is the seller claiming they are, just dinosaurian?  Unlikely anything is associated from the Kem Kem and the Phalanx appears to large for that claw.    The photo angle appears to make the claws larger than your 24mm length just checking. 

Both are very small for what dinosaur material I've seen come out of that region.  The back end of the claw is missing but cannot say any more with these photos.  Like to see one of the top, bottom and back if possible.  I'm suspicious that these are not dinosaurian. I don't think the phalanx is but without more photos difficult to say. 

• I found this Informative 1

29 minutes ago, Troodon said:

What is the seller claiming they are, just dinosaurian?  Unlikely anything is associated from the Kem Kem and the Phalanx appears to large for that claw.    The photo angle appears to make the claws larger than your 24mm length just checking. 

Both are very small for what dinosaur material I've seen come out of that region.  The back end of the claw is missing but cannot say any more with these photos.  Like to see one of the top, bottom and back if possible.  I'm suspicious that these are not dinosaurian. I don't think the phalanx is but without more photos difficult to say. 

Thank you, Troodon! Unfortunately, these are the only photos I have. Yes, the seller just calls it a dinosaur claw. How heavily do you think it is restored?

The Tooth Fairy

I suspected as much with the photos.  I do not see any restoration on the claw just very weathered and missing the back end.  The front end of the claw appears to have been broken and reattached.  Without the photos cannot really say but lean more toward reptlian than dinosaurian.

• I found this Informative 2

9 hours ago, Troodon said:

I suspected as much with the photos.  I do not see any restoration on the claw just very weathered and missing the back end.  The front end of the claw appears to have been broken and reattached.  Without the photos cannot really say but lean more toward reptlian than dinosaurian.

Thanks, I thought that the brown part on top of the claw could be restored. I will post more pictures once I get this specimen.

The Tooth Fairy