Another Tumiocarcinus from New Zealand

RJB

Ok, did one more prep session on this thing and still have a ways to go but starting to get to the finished fossil?  did a bunch of 3-D-ing and then did some smoothing out on the back end.  looking purty good now.  It does have some problems though. 

RB

TC001G.JPG

3 hours ago, RJB said:

Ok, did one more prep session on this thing and still have a ways to go but starting to get to the finished fossil?  did a bunch of 3-D-ing and then did some smoothing out on the back end.  looking purty good now.  It does have some problems though. 

RB

TC001G.JPG

Looks great to me.  Very nice prep job.

Aaaalrighty then.  I left the heater on last night in the garage and got me a very early start this morning.  gots another 8 hours into this thing.  Still another 3 hours or so to finish it up, but super close now.  Just gots to do some fine detail work and then put on some of my old school 'fossil sauce'. 

RB

TC001H.JPG

Way to go! Looking great! 

I've copied, cropped, and put your progress together as a gif so that everyone can marvel at how much sweat and hours you've put into this one, start to (almost) finish. :) 

Webp.net-gifmaker (1).gif

• I found this Informative 3

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Ok @Kane, I got this baby finished today.  But here is a question for you.  Is there anyway I can take that fancy photography trick that youve done and send it to my facebook?  Just wondering.  Its purty dang cool.  and thank you for doing that.    Here is the finished crab.  Gots problems but came out purty dang good.  Oh, and happy new year!!!  :)

RB

TC001I.JPG

• I found this Informative 2

And here is the whole process, start to finish (minus the flipping over and stabilizing part, but that would look odd in this sequence). 

As far as the file is concerned, I can probably send it to you via email. I haven't used Facebook in over a decade so I'm not sure if GIFs can be posted. It might be the same as posting a photo. 

Oh, and fantastic work - and happy new year to you, too!

Webp.net-gifmaker (2).gif

• I found this Informative 4

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Thank you guys.  Love the kudo's.  But really, its just what I love to do.  Been doing this for 26 years now and a very long time ago when i was about 8 years into this prepping thing a guy told me that I would tire of it.  Ha!!!  Not a chance.  Still doing it and cant see not doing it till I cant do it any more!!!    and a happy New year to you all!!!  Wooooop!!!  Wooooop!!

RB

• I found this Informative 1

On 12/29/2017 at 1:51 PM, RJB said:

Still another 3 hours or so to finish it up, but super close now.  Just gots to do some fine detail work and then put on some of my old school 'fossil sauce'. 

Is that anything like tartar sauce?  Yummy!

Great job, by the way!

On 31/12/2017 at 7:13 PM, RJB said:

Ok @Kane, I got this baby finished today.  But here is a question for you.  Is there anyway I can take that fancy photography trick that youve done and send it to my facebook?  Just wondering.  Its purty dang cool.  and thank you for doing that.    Here is the finished crab.  Gots problems but came out purty dang good.  Oh, and happy new year!!!  :)

RB

TC001I.JPG

:trilosurprise: stunning just stunning Ron. 

That's beautiful @RJB. Those crusty crustaceans sure do require some patience.

Kind of like the hard rock fish you sent me... :D I started on the Mioplossus and after 5 hours, I have something the size of a postage stamp uncovered. :blink: