Crab's Fever

MB

:)

Hello guys and gals,

I dont want to tire you with repair or preparation techniques, but althought I'm overseas, I have experimented with the west pacific coast concretions, and when the fossils is for my own collection, I dont have any problem with the reparations or restaurations, here is one of them .

:D

post-41-1202553061_thumb.jpg

post-41-1202553103_thumb.jpg

post-41-1202553133_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 3
  • Enjoyed 3

Great repair job! doesnt even look like it was damaged in the last picture! did you paint it?

neat crab indeedy!

• I found this Informative 1

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Hey MB. Its almost like you know what your doing? Ha!! Ok, just kidding. Really though. That is some dang good outstanding prep work!

RB

Hey MB. Its almost like you know what your doing? Ha!! Ok, just kidding. Really though. That is some dang good outstanding prep work!

RB

Hey RB, thankyou !!!

In fact, we were talking about this sometimes, the pacific coast concretions, are easier to prep, hard but easy, stone behaviour are previsible and constant, size are perfect to work, fossil usually are very hardy and resistant, fossi usually are complet inside, lthe only thing you need are be patient and to have the time for do it.

Very different that other fossil crab types...

;)

• 1 month later...

Hi gals and guys, if you love those bugs, I have a lot of crabs stories to talk you, now I go out for two days, but later, when back I will follow with the crabmania :)

Have a nice days

Micro: I just have washed the crab, I'm working in dry always this type of concs. :)

Hello, I'm back, and I'm follow with the Crabmania :)

Normally I am a happy man and very proud with my collección and my showcase, and since ultimately I didn't have much time for fossil trips, I wanted to prepare a trade in my home...

But my wife said, not man, not, any visit before you clean the showcase :( , and the truth was that she was right :blush:

Thus, I dedicated all this saturday morning cleaning my showcase, very delicate work, until it looks clean.

And finally I had a very good and friendly trade the sunday :thumbsup:

I hope you enjoy it

post-41-1206383994_thumb.jpg

post-41-1206384029_thumb.jpg

post-41-1206384060_thumb.jpg

post-41-1206384096_thumb.jpg

post-41-1206384128_thumb.jpg

post-41-1206384159_thumb.jpg

post-41-1206384207_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Guest N.AL.hunter

Truly amazing collection! Very good prep work and very nice display. Makes the few crabs I've found look like rough pebbles.

Hey MB. Some of those legs dont go all the way to the tippy tips, so If I were you I would jsut throw that thing in the trash can!!! Or, me being the good guy that I am, just mail it to me and I will take care of it for you? HA!!! Ok, just kidding, that is one heck of a super nice crab!!! Im just hoping that the two of that speices that I have to prep still will turn out that nice?!!!

RB

Love how you have them displayed! You have quite the collection.

I really liked where you printed the word dust :D

Welcome to the forum!

Hi gals and guys :)

Roz: I love your english language lessons, :wub: thanks, but dust means more than one signicance here :D in catalan: pols, in spanish: polvo, and polvo sometimes are ... wow, just kiddind, sorry :blush:

Hi RB, I'm prepping my will and you will be my heir.... :P I hope to get a 10 legs for you this summer...

NAL, all crab pebbles are important for me, some of Alabama pebbles are lacking in my systematic collection...

and now I want to encourage you to show your showcases, i dont want to copy anything, but in an european forum, the idea of show the showcases was very successful and funny, and the post had received almost 14.000 visits !!!

• I found this Informative 1

Guest N.AL.hunter

MB,

I am glad to see that several of your crab specimens are prepared with the Telson showing instead of the Carapace. While it might be strange to most, when I have prepared my crabs, I usually only prep the Carapace of one specimen and the Telsons of the others. I find them more interesting to look at. The Carapaces can be uninteresting/featureless. However, I should also say that most of the crabs I've found have been legless.