Crab's Fever

MB

Yes, well worth 10 hours or even 20!

Crabs are one of the coolest fossils because you have a creature that is whole,

and can see all the details. What she looked like exactly, no guessing needed!

Welcome to the forum!

Wonderful! Is the coloration on her claw tips natural?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I have finished to combing her this afternoon, it was over 10 hours, but she looks nice, yes? :rolleyes:

Exquisite job, MB!

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

• 1 month later...
Just some detail pictures , she is Harpactoxanthopsis quadrilobata, from the Lutetian of Italy. :)

She looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good prep job.

So long without new pictures, but I'm very busy lately, and the most of new crabs I got lately, are for study and them cannot be figured before the study, but this one is identified, so any problem to show you :)

WOW beautiful!!!! :drool:

I have tried to email and message but no luck again

Cephalopods rule!!

this is a great thread. it's got it all - cool fossils, hard prep work, great pictures, and clever humor. bravo.

Thanks for the compliments, people :blush:

Roz: this one is new but for my collection, it comes from Asia, not too old, and even fossil, this is a extant species, who are living on the indopacific sea, was described first as Leucosia rhomboidalis, de Haan 1841.

The new ones are coming, but first must be publishing them. be patient :)

All right MB, I've found literally hundreds of crabs in Texas, but I am always amazed by your finds and prep work. A gentlemanly tip of the Texas hat to you!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

I'm arranging my PC and I found these photos when I went back from holidays two years ago... I hope repeat it this summer :rolleyes:

Hey MB, is the rubber ducky that's shown in the upper left hand side of the photos part of your arsenal of preparation instruments?! :P

Seriously though, thank you very much for showing your specimens and display to all of us. Truly amazing work and beautiful specimens. Jason

MB, on that old paper they look a lot

more like spiders. Cool to see...

thanks people for the nice compliments, this encourage me to post more pictures of crabs, soon I will do.

Dan...ger woehr, thanks, I prefer a tip of hat than a shot, always !!! blush:

Roz, remember I was for awhile "Spidercrab" ask RB :P

Weell, this sunday morning I will continue prepping crabs and sharing them with you.

Have a nice day.

:)

:)

Hello guys and gals,

I dont want to tire you with repair or preparation techniques, but althought I'm overseas, I have experimented with the west pacific coast concretions, and when the fossils is for my own collection, I dont have any problem with the reparations or restaurations, here is one of them .

:D

Hi ya MB! I love the job you did on this crab and may I say the workmanship looks like quality work. E mail me some others you have done if you don't mind please.

The best days are spent collecting fossils