Crab's Fever

MB

Hi MB,

I just finished to read all this topic, and your work is marvelous. All these nice crabs...

And it is very interesting to see recent crabs near a fossil one to show the species.

Congrats and have nice holidays !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

I began this one but and I consider that that already is sufficiently finished.

What do you think, guys? :blush:

i don't think it's finished until the package with it inside arrives at my door.

:rolleyes:

what a topic! wonder if it'll get to a million views?

As usual, well done MB! He resembles your avatar. What is the fossil preserved off to the side...bivalve? gastropod?

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Hi people :)

My holidays began ad I tried to reach my cleaning crabs target for those days.

After some touch on crabs for study, I began this one but and I consider that that already is sufficiently finished.

Hi Alex,

I marvel every day more!

is truly exceptional!

i don't think it's finished until the package with it inside arrives at my door.

:rolleyes:

what a topic! wonder if it'll get to a million views?

Tracer, It depends of you, guys ^_^

Coco,Redlichia and Max, thankyu very much for the compliments :blush:

John, this little one is a crab, a Leucosid crab, two in one ;)

post-41-1249308634_thumb.jpg

Hi people :)

My holidays began ad I tried to reach my cleaning crabs target for those days.

After some touch on crabs for study, I began this one but and I consider that that already is sufficiently finished.

Just wonderful! I would love one of this with me (well, any of those of your collection |-D

Crabs are out there...

In fact, I'm alone in home, so I can play with my rocks before son and wife come back :P

This is the last one I have finished this mornig :D

Max, not so far for you :P:D

Not for Me? sig!!!! uee! uee! :(;)

Beata solitudine !!!!!

Sometimes you need to be alone to do this work!

My compliments for the Lophoranina!

Here are the photos of two specimens (Male and Female) of living species that is most similar to Lophoranina.

post-1008-1249324601_thumb.jpg

post-1008-1249324623_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Hi MB.

after all these wonderful pics i think i'll hide in my shed and start preppin' a few crabs......

i've only been doing ammonite beds lately...time to go back to juicy crabs again!!!

Thanks for sharing

Not for Me? sig!!!! uee! uee! :(;)

Beata solitudine !!!!!

Sometimes you need to be alone to do this work!

My compliments for the Lophoranina!

Here are the photos of two specimens (Male and Female) of living species that is most similar to Lophoranina.

I'm sorry Massimo, it was a big spelling, I did want say: "not so far from you..." because this crab come from the Veneto as you know, sorry again :blush::blink::wacko::blush::P

In fact, I'm alone in home, so I can play with my rocks before son and wife come back :P

This is the last one I have finished this mornig :D

Max, not so far from you :P:D

Beautiful work on your crabs. Have really enjoyed your posts. Attached are a couple examples of Avitelmessus grapsoides that I recently finished prepping. The preservation and prep work doesn't compare very well to your crabs and work, but one works with what one has. Take care.

Georgepost-117-1249355777_thumb.jpgpost-117-1249355716_thumb.jpg

Those Avit crabs always looked hard to prep,I can see the matrix adheres to the carapace,must take alot of patience :rolleyes: Good work,nice to have all those legs sticking out!!

Beautiful work on your crabs. Have really enjoyed your posts. Attached are a couple examples of Avitelmessus grapsoides that I recently finished prepping. The preservation and prep work doesn't compare very well to your crabs and work, but one works with what one has. Take care.

Cephalopods rule!!

Hi George,

My compliments, the Avitelmessus nodule are very hard and difficult to work and the preservation of the crab is not good.

wow! I'm am impressed! Those are awesome, but very strange looking.

This kind of crab is still living in many parts of the world; it`s called box crab, sand box crab...

This specimen is Calappa Granulata, from Mediterranean:

post-62-1249372829_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I am surprised that this crab lives in the Mediterranean Sea. I thought that it lives in the Filipinos and in the warm seas.

I have a friend who collects recent crabs (less than 10 cm / 3.5"). I don't think she has this one, but she has another one from Philipinos. Nice genus.

Coco

----------------------

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Hi,

I am surprised that this crab lives in the Mediterranean Sea. I thought that it lives in the Filipinos and in the warm seas.

I have a friend who collects recent crabs (less than 10 cm / 3.5"). I don't think she has this one, but she has another one from Philipinos. Nice genus.

Coco

Hi Coco,

the Calappa granulata is quite common in the Mediterranean, he lives between 30 and 150 m deep under the mud or sand and is commercially exploited. Found in fish stores.

Those Avit crabs always looked hard to prep,I can see the matrix adheres to the carapace,must take alot of patience :rolleyes: Good work,nice to have all those legs sticking out!!

Thanks, Fossisle. The Avits. are difficult to prep and one never knows if the degree of preservation will hold up from end to end. Take care.

Hi George,

My compliments, the Avitelmessus nodule are very hard and difficult to work and the preservation of the crab is not good.

Hey Maxfossil,

Appreciate the kind words. They are difficult to work with, but one of these days, I'll find one that has good preservation throughout. :rolleyes: Take care and have a good day.

George

Eriphia, I will send you a MP because I don't want to "break" the subject of MB's excellent topic ! ;)

Coco

----------------------

Un Greg...

Hi crab fans,

now i'm back and i have see this crab topic......it's very nice ...so i'm feeling at home !

My last prep job was a Harpactoxanthopsis quadrilobata from Heiligenhafen/Germany.This crab are rare- complett crabs are very extrem rare !U must broken up ca 250 rocks to find a crab.But most u can find now crab pices ..

So i have after 20 hours this very nice crab preped.The Matrix are very hard ! but- :wub: YES i'm soooo lucky ^_^

post-1102-1249492317_thumb.jpg

post-1102-1249492334_thumb.jpg

post-1102-1249492349_thumb.jpg

post-1102-1249492363_thumb.jpg

post-1102-1249492381_thumb.jpg

post-1102-1249492397_thumb.jpg

post-1102-1249492415_thumb.jpg

post-1102-1249492439_thumb.jpg

post-1102-1249492454_thumb.jpg

post-1102-1249492472_thumb.jpg

post-1102-1249492498_thumb.jpg

post-1102-1249492513_thumb.jpg

Hi crab fans,

now i'm back and i have see this crab topic......it's very nice ...so i'm feeling at home !

My last prep job was a Harpactoxanthopsis qudrilobata from Heiligenhafen/Germany.This crab are rare- complett crabs are very extrem rare !U must broken up ca 250 rocks to find a crab.But most u can find now crab pices ..

So i have after 20 hours this very nice crab preped.The Matrix are very hard ! but- :wub: YES i'm soooo lucky ^_^

Hi Axel,

Wow!!! Hard work but excellent result! :drool: