Crab's Fever

MB

• 1 month later...

:)

Hello guys and gals,

I dont want to tire you with repair or preparation techniques, but althought I'm overseas, I have experimented with the west pacific coast concretions, and when the fossils is for my own collection, I dont have any problem with the reparations or restaurations, here is one of them .

:D

it is so hard to work on the small ones without having to do some type of touch up, nice job.

post-1182-12551636506083_thumb.jpg

this pincer has had work done but some things are worth repairing. keep up the nice work

it is so hard to work on the small ones without having to do some type of touch up, nice job.

post-1182-12551636506083_thumb.jpg

this pincer has had work done but some things are worth repairing. keep up the nice work

Thankyou Dave, take a look on my webpage, there are very little nice crabs, and difficult to find and prep.

;)

Hello boys,

While I'm thinking how re building this post (mainly photos) I will tell you a little love crab story.

In august of 2008 I was running more than 4000 kms for to get this one for a good friend.

Well wen I got it I sent it to the US, but what a surprise, few weeks ago I found him abandoned on the Ebay lands... :o

Ashamed, inmediatly I did recovered him, and now he is back at home for forever.

Here I will care and love him :wub: , and he will can play with their friends.

End of the story

Have a nice day

post-41-12551668583881_thumb.jpg

post-41-12551668792818_thumb.jpg

Dear friends,

Congratulations......you have truly nice specimens. I want to support this crab´s fever forum with some pics. Let me introduce you a friend of mine called "shy boy". .....look the face behind the arms!!!!

It is a Calappa, not species name got yet (pliocene material, from USA).

Eureka

post-920-12553460284598_thumb.jpg

post-920-12553460915044_thumb.jpg

Another truly rare crab....Graptocarcinus texanus from Europe(upper cretaceous). Found many years ago (80 ´s).

Cheers,

Eureka

post-920-1255347089266_thumb.jpg

Dear friends,

Congratulations......you have truly nice specimens. I want to support this crab´s fever forum with some pics. Let me introduce you a friend of mine called "shy boy". .....look the face behind the arms!!!!

It is a Calappa, not species name got yet (pliocene material, from USA).

Eureka

Thanks Eureka for your support, but this Calappa está al revés ??? :D:D:P:D

Another truly rare crab....Graptocarcinus texanus from Europe(upper cretaceous). Found many years ago (80 ´s).

Cheers,

Eureka

Wow, this one is another matter... it must (deserves) to be professionally cleaned and housed in the Museum...

Scientist needs types like this one. :)

Dear MB,

Thanks a lot, and you are right, the specimen is upside down...... I did not reliase on that big mis-prepping. You learn day after day.....

On the other hand, regarding to the Grapto, I am 100% agree with you...... Luckily, the museum whose county belongs the specimen, counts on several specimens 20 times much better than the one I have.

Thanks again,

Eureka B)

On the other hand, regarding to the Grapto, I am 100% agree with you...... Luckily, the museum whose county belongs the specimen, counts on several specimens 20 times much better than the one I have.

Thanks again,

Eureka B)

Nice to hear that, anyway, a complet ventral Dynomenid is always an important find ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello boys,

While I'm thinking how re building this post (mainly photos) I will tell you a little love crab story.

In august of 2008 I was running more than 4000 kms for to get this one for a good friend.

Well wen I got it I sent it to the US, but what a surprise, few weeks ago I found him abandoned on the Ebay lands... :o

Ashamed, inmediatly I did recovered him, and now he is back at home for forever.

Here I will care and love him :wub: , and he will can play with their friends.

End of the story

Have a nice day

As I promised you, here is the crab finally prepped :)

post-41-12569990737017_thumb.jpg

post-41-12569991338765_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys and gals,

I dont want to tire you with repair or preparation techniques, but althought I'm overseas, I have experimented with the west pacific coast concretions, and when the fossils is for my own collection, I dont have any problem with the reparations or restaurations, here is one of them .

:D

That turned out very nice.

Seth

fossil-shack-new-banner-use-copy.png
www.fossilshack.com

www.americanfossil.com

www.fishdig.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hi people, yes, I know... so long without posting there but here we go

Today I' have flu so I'm at home, and obviously I'm playing with the crabs and opening boxes and drawers... and take a look at this Periacanthus that I got from Italy Usually I thought that it wa a badly preserved Periacanthus horridus

But you know, when you have flu you have more attention and I have noticed that the posterior margin of this crab havent the sharped spines that P.horridus have.

I have prepped a little bit its back, and WOW, now I have a Periacanthus dallagoi Beschin, De angeli et. al. 2005

I'm very happy, I have at home the FOUR Periacanthus species known until this moment, so: P.horridus, P.dalloni, P.ramosus and P.dallagoi.

You can compare it with the posterior margin of horridus.

I'm glad

post-41-12600402158638_thumb.jpg

post-41-12600402460648_thumb.jpg

post-41-12600402782672_thumb.jpg

Edited by MB

Hi people, yes, I know... so long without posting there but here we go

Today I' have flu so I'm at home, and obviously I'm playing with the crabs and opening boxes and drawers... and take a look at this Periacanthus that I got from Italy Usually I thought that it wa a badly preserved Periacanthus horridus

But you know, when you have flu you have more attention and I have noticed that the posterior margin of this crab havent the sharped spines that P.horridus have.

I have prepped a little bit its back, and WOW, now I have a Periacanthus dallagoi Beschin, De angeli et. al. 2005

I'm very happy, I have at home the FOUR Periacanthus species known until this moment, so: P.horridus, P.dalloni, P.ramosus and P.dallagoi.

You can compare it with the posterior margin of horridus.

I'm glad

Hey people,

Well, finally this crabs isn't P.dallagoi but a new ssp.from the Priabonian.

I got this evening the confirmation from the autor and the paper is in press