Crab's Fever

MB

Here's some great prep on a Tumidocarcinus molt that a friend did. I am forwarding the photo with his permission.

Thats got to be the coolest incomplete crab ive ever seen! Thanks for posting it.

RB

Very nice crabs everyone... Reminds me of this bloke:

zoidberg.jpg

"We try not to use the word insane, we prefer the term mentally hilarious... "

Prepping unique crabs or beauiful ones, is a fantastic thing but very very stressant and tired activity, too much responsability sometimes...

Thus, sometimes I preffer to take chunk of the North Pcific coast of America and be happy.

Yes prepping those ones is a very pleasant activity, no surprises with a constant and noble behaviour of this stuff, just time to spend, I love it.

-_-

post-41-12655681202807_thumb.jpg

post-41-12655681752261_thumb.jpg

post-41-12655682016999_thumb.jpg

post-41-12655682339101_thumb.jpg

Prepping unique crabs or beauiful ones, is a fantastic thing but very very stressant and tired activity, too much responsability sometimes...

Thus, sometimes I preffer to take chunk of the North Pcific coast of America and be happy.

Yes prepping those ones is a very pleasant activity, no surprises with a constant and noble behaviour of this stuff, just time to spend, I love it.

-_-

I would like to look through that storeroom!!!!

Cephalopods rule!!

Here's some great prep on a Tumidocarcinus molt that a friend did. I am forwarding the photo with his permission.

That's without a doubt one of the nicest crab fossils I've ever seen! Thanks for sharing, Siteseer... :D

Gethin

"We try not to use the word insane, we prefer the term mentally hilarious... "

You guys have the coolest crabs! I'm :D jealous.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

• 2 months later...

Hi guys and gals :)

Yes, I'm still alive... but very very busy.

But today I had a couple of hours to follow prepping some crabs for a friend... :)

the bad thing is that, when finisheds I must to send back them :(

post-41-12727380492225_thumb.jpg

post-41-12727380628583_thumb.jpg

post-41-12727380858329_thumb.jpg

post-41-12727381057947_thumb.jpg

Remember not to cook them, Alex. :bbq:

:D

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Hi,

As far , late Pleistocene, but not sure at the moment,not very old but not so fresh to cook them :P

yes could be Japan ;)

wait to see it finished, it's a hard work becuase the fossil is very delicate and the ciment very hard, but usually, the result is great

:)

Hi people,

As promised, here are few pictures of those fossils almost finished, I'm saying almost because could lacks the latest touch with the sandblaster, but it don't works lately :(

Anyway, they looks nice, yes?

post-41-1273392861902_thumb.jpg

post-41-1273392885799_thumb.jpg

post-41-12733929087116_thumb.jpg

post-41-12733929270491_thumb.jpg

post-41-12733929532682_thumb.jpg

post-41-12733929735774_thumb.jpg

post-41-12733930896785_thumb.jpg

wow your crabs make mine look like shrimp! :D

many find that collecting dead animals would be a weird hobby.but I find to be down right cool!

here is a idea ill give you a klondike bar for one of your crabs(what would you do for a klondike bar?) ^_^

Edited by fossil finder

many find that collecting dead animals would be a weird hobby.but I find to be down right cool!

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Not crab collection pictures this time, just a paper on new cretaceous crabs, interesting because it enlarges the geographical ocurrence of the Ohpthalmoplax genus, only found in the american continent at the moment and could be the oldest report also. And new species of Costacopluma genus is described there.

This work improve also, the age rocks knowledgement of the zone,thanks to rocks analysis.

Here is the link:

http://satori.geociencias.unam.mx/27-2/(02)Osso.pdf

Edited by MB

Hi all,

Not crab collection pictures this time, just a paper on new cretaceous crabs, interesting because it enlarges the geographical ocurrence of the Ohpthalmoplax genus, only found in the american continent at the moment and could be the oldest report also. And new species of Costacopluma genus is described there.

This work improve also, the age rocks knowledgement of the zone,thanks to rocks analysis.

Here is the link:

http://satori.geociencias.unam.mx/27-2/(02)Osso.pdf

MB

Great paper,Morocco has an abundance of interesting fossils,Devonian to Cretaceous!!!

The crabs are great

Rick

Cephalopods rule!!

Thanks for sharing your work, Alex.

:thumbsu:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ