Crab's Fever

MB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2008 at 5:34 AM, MB said:

:)

Hello guys and gals,

I dont want to tire you with repair or preparation techniques, but althought I'm overseas, I have experimented with the west pacific coast concretions, and when the fossils is for my own collection, I dont have any problem with the reparations or restaurations, here is one of them .

:D

post-41-1202553061_thumb.jpg

post-41-1202553103_thumb.jpg

post-41-1202553133_thumb.jpg

Beautiful fossels

• I found this Informative 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

An amazing array of new taxa from the Doyen of Decapoda...@MB...I hope Àlex has time for a sandwich and a nice nap after all this hard work! :P

Ossó, À., Clements, D. 2021
Pilummede penderensis (Decapoda: Brachyura), Gènere Nou i Espècie Nova de la Formació Calcàries de Castle Hayne (Eocè) del Comptat de Pender, Carolina del Nord (EUA). [Pilummede penderensis (Decapoda: Brachyura), A New Genus and Species from the Castle Hayne Limestone Formation (Eocene) of Pender County, North Carolina (USA).] Nemus: Revista de l'Ateneu de Natura, 11:135-143  PDF LINK

Ossó, À. 2021
Un Cranc Nou, Eogeryon elegius gen. nov., sp. nov. del Cenomanià Tardà de la Península Ibèrica.
[A New Crab, Eogeryon elegius gen. nov., sp. nov. from the Late Cenomanian of the Iberian Peninsula.]
Nemus: Revista de l'Ateneu de Natura, 11:144-158  PDF LINK

Ossó, À., Domínguez, J.L. 2021
Nova Família de Crustacis Decàpodes i Descripció d’un Nou Gènere i Espècie: Moianella cervantesi, del Priabonià de Catalunya.
[New Family of Decapod Crustaceans and Description of New Genus and Species: Moianella cervantesi, from the Priabonian of Catalonia.]
Nemus: Revista de l'Ateneu de Natura, 11:159-169  PDF LINK

Ossó, À., Díaz-Isa, M. 2021
Un Nou Gènere i Nova Espècie: Cantabroxantus loredoensis (Decapoda, Brachyura, Etyoidea), del Campanià Mitjà de Cantàbria (Península Ibèrica).

[New Genus and New Species: Cantabroxanthus loredoensis (Decapoda, Brachyura, Etyoidea), from the Middle Campanian of Cantabria (Iberian Peninsula).]

Nemus: Revista de l'Ateneu de Natura, 11:170-175  PDF LINK

Artal, P., Ossó, À., Domínguez, J.L. 2021
New Genus and New Species of Portunoid Crab: Archaeoportunus isabenensis from the Lower Eocene of Huesca (Aragon) and Lleida (Catalonia).

[Nou Gènere i Nova Nova Espècie de Cranc Portunoid: Archaeoportunus isabenensis, de l’Eocè Inferior d’Osca (Aragó) i Lleida (Catalunya).]
Nemus: Revista de l'Ateneu de Natura, 11:176-186  PDF LINK

cute-red-crab           well-done-red-crab            happy-red-crab

• I found this Informative 3
  • Thank You 1

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 8:44 PM, piranha said:

An amazing array of new taxa from the Doyen of Decapoda...@MB...I hope Àlex has time for a sandwich and a nice nap after all this hard work! :P

Ossó, À., Clements, D. 2021
Pilummede penderensis (Decapoda: Brachyura), Gènere Nou i Espècie Nova de la Formació Calcàries de Castle Hayne (Eocè) del Comptat de Pender, Carolina del Nord (EUA). [Pilummede penderensis (Decapoda: Brachyura), A New Genus and Species from the Castle Hayne Limestone Formation (Eocene) of Pender County, North Carolina (USA).] Nemus: Revista de l'Ateneu de Natura, 11:135-143  PDF LINK

Ossó, À. 2021
Un Cranc Nou, Eogeryon elegius gen. nov., sp. nov. del Cenomanià Tardà de la Península Ibèrica.
[A New Crab, Eogeryon elegius gen. nov., sp. nov. from the Late Cenomanian of the Iberian Peninsula.]
Nemus: Revista de l'Ateneu de Natura, 11:144-158  PDF LINK

Ossó, À., Domínguez, J.L. 2021
Nova Família de Crustacis Decàpodes i Descripció d’un Nou Gènere i Espècie: Moianella cervantesi, del Priabonià de Catalunya.
[New Family of Decapod Crustaceans and Description of New Genus and Species: Moianella cervantesi, from the Priabonian of Catalonia.]
Nemus: Revista de l'Ateneu de Natura, 11:159-169  PDF LINK

Ossó, À., Díaz-Isa, M. 2021
Un Nou Gènere i Nova Espècie: Cantabroxantus loredoensis (Decapoda, Brachyura, Etyoidea), del Campanià Mitjà de Cantàbria (Península Ibèrica).

[New Genus and New Species: Cantabroxanthus loredoensis (Decapoda, Brachyura, Etyoidea), from the Middle Campanian of Cantabria (Iberian Peninsula).]

Nemus: Revista de l'Ateneu de Natura, 11:170-175  PDF LINK

Artal, P., Ossó, À., Domínguez, J.L. 2021
New Genus and New Species of Portunoid Crab: Archaeoportunus isabenensis from the Lower Eocene of Huesca (Aragon) and Lleida (Catalonia).

[Nou Gènere i Nova Nova Espècie de Cranc Portunoid: Archaeoportunus isabenensis, de l’Eocè Inferior d’Osca (Aragó) i Lleida (Catalunya).]
Nemus: Revista de l'Ateneu de Natura, 11:176-186  PDF LINK

cute-red-crab           well-done-red-crab            happy-red-crab

It was very hard Piranha... because I had to republish these taxa to validate them, because of a formal defect in the original publications... :/

But thank you :)

• Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Six years ago four of us who collect and prep Pulalius vulgaris crabs in the Pacific NW measured and checked for claw dominance and an informal survey showed about 5% left claw dominant. 

crab data right vs left handed copy.jpg

• I found this Informative 4
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, caterpillar said:

2 more preps

a right-hander 

IMGP0141.JPG.3f466ebe59d97d2481092829b2c7ab77.JPG

Ane a rarity, a left-hander. Only 2% are left-hander

IMGP0140.JPG.70306b7c40e8ecca1aeb32e209022b95.JPG

You did an awesome job on both of those crabs!

On 11/1/2021 at 9:39 PM, bruce said:

Six years ago four of us who collect and prep Pulalius vulgaris crabs in the Pacific NW measured and checked for claw dominance and an informal survey showed about 5% left claw dominant. 

I think the percentage is different depending on the species. For my part, in Litoricola macrodactylus, I found close to 150 specimens and only 3 were left-handed

• Enjoyed 1

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Broken link ! :s_cry:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

• 2 months later...