3 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Spectacular Tyrannosaurid tooth.  The smaller tooth is also cool but do not think it's a Dromaeosaurid 

What do you think it might be?

18 minutes ago, StevenJDennis said:

What do you think it might be?

What's the length? The serrations in that picture look the same on both edges correct?

6 minutes ago, Troodon said:

What's the length? The serrations in that picture look the same on both edges correct?

Yes the serrations are the same on both edges.  The length is a little over an inch if I remember correctly.  

I enlarged your initial photo and the denticles are very Tyranno like so based on that and the serrations being the same it's a smaller Tyrannosaurid tooth.  Very nice.

Dromaeosaurid serrations should be much larger on the distal side than the mesial edge.  You should be able to see the difference.  I cannot see the mesial serrations on the other one you posted. 

7 minutes ago, Troodon said:

I enlarged your initial photo and the denticles are very Tyranno like so based on that and the serrations being the same it's a smaller Tyrannosaurid tooth.  Very nice.

Dromaeosaurid serrations should be much larger on the distal side than the mesial edge.  You should be able to see the difference.  I cannot see the mesial serrations on the other one you posted. 

Very cool, thank you for the ID!

The other tooth's mesial serrations are there but very small and need magnification to see them.  The distal side is much larger.  

6 minutes ago, StevenJDennis said:

Very cool, thank you for the ID!

The other tooth's mesial serrations are there but very small and need magnification to see them.  The distal side is much larger.  

So that's definitely a Dromie, very cool and looks to be very nice.  I would label it "cf. Dromaeosaurus sp." since there has been Dromaeosaurus material found but not yet described.

35 minutes ago, Troodon said:

So that's definitely a Dromie, very cool and looks to be very nice.  I would label it "cf. Dromaeosaurus sp." since there has been Dromaeosaurus material found but not yet described.

Awesome, thanks again the ID/info!

A spectacular collection. The first tyrannosaurid tooth, and the giant Deinosuchus are especially drool-worthy.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

• StevenJD changed the title to Aguja Formation, West Texas
1 hour ago, -Andy- said:

A spectacular collection. The first tyrannosaurid tooth, and the giant Deinosuchus are especially drool-worthy.

Thanks Andy, those might be my two favorites out of the group.

2 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

What a fantastic collection of teeth! 

Truly beautiful! 

1 hour ago, ynot said:

Nice collection!

34 minutes ago, fossilized6s said:

Beautiful teeth! Thanks for sharing these. 

Thanks everyone!

Your Deinosuchus tooth is amazing but how confident are you that this is actually Deinosuchus? I’m not seeing any obvious carinae. Does it have carinae? The Eastern species is known for ridges on the teeth which is how it got the name rugosus. I’m not sure if the western species have these but the enamel on your tooth looks fairly smooth. Also your tooth looks very narrow for Deinosuchus but that might be because your tooth is fairly complete and the ones I’m used to seeing are just the caps of the teeth. If not Deinosuchus I don’t know what else it could be. The Aguja is well known for Deinosuchus.

Archived