Another Ebay

micropterus101

That's an ammonite with a baculite through it. It's an interesting combo but certainly not worth what's he asking.

lol. If he's that far off on the ID, I wonder where he came up with the price? he probably paid very little for it. (I hope)

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

That's an ammonite with a baculite through it. It's an interesting combo but certainly not worth what's he asking.
I see the horseshoe crab but I don't see any baculite? :blink:

It appears to me, that this is a half ammonite imprint, and a baculite or even a belemite crossing it.

I see the horseshoe crab shape but I would be hard to convince that this is a fossil of a horseshoe crab.

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

I guess he is still convinced its a horshoe crab. :blink:

"Thank you Jason, thanks for the info, I had look all over the internet and found the horseshoe crab that looked a whole loy like it. If you look closely on the pictures you will see the bottom half of the creature is missing. Maybe that is why it does not look like one.

Thanks,

arturo"

It isn't the first time i see somebody offering fossils on the web that are not what the say....how can one state that it is a horseshoe crab when it is an ammonite?????...placenticeras maybe????

......there should be some kind of control on sales......

It isn't the first time i see somebody offering fossils on the web that are not what the say....how can one state that it is a horseshoe crab when it is an ammonite?????...placenticeras maybe????

......there should be some kind of control on sales......

Its buyer beware on eBay I see antiques and artifacts listed everyday that are fakes

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Don't be so mean, at least he didn't say it was a mushroom

lol, or a fossil frisbee section from the cave man days. (When they were alot smaller)

:D

Wait, wait, wait the opening of the baculite is facing AWAY from the ammonite (all tails go from larger to smaller diameter, not reverse.) and If the bottom half was missing, wouldn't the tail be missing too?!!!!!!

Sheesh, a sucker born a minute lol :faint:

Don't be so mean, at least he didn't say it was a mushroom

Now Nick you know that only 12 fossil mushrooms have been found and I have 11 of them. O no wait thats pioty O wait what was the question?

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway