On 12/25/2017 at 2:26 AM, Ludwigia said:

As far as I understand it, most epibionts settled on the shells after the animals were already dead.

That is the conclusion I have come to just in my own personal observations from various types of fossils I’ve found.

On 12/25/2017 at 6:03 PM, crabfossilsteve said:

That is a work of ART on its own.  I think that that would make a great poster that any fossil nerd would love.  I too would love to print it if and when you decide its OK.

I think it would make a cool T shirt for fossil nerd. I’m one of them.

@dolevfab very nice work!

My daughter is 13 and is a pretty good little artist. I’ve been trying to get her to branch out and draw other things like ammonites. I’ll be showing your work to her. Maybe it will inspire her. 

Do you have more fossil themed work on Deviantart? I found that site a number of years ago. I use to get Photoshop presets from there. I’ll be looking you up on there. This is the first time I’ve seen you post on TFF. If you’ve got a Deviantart account you must be a pretty serious artist in your own right. Looking forward to checking your work out.

• I found this Informative 1

@KimTexan Thank you so much for the feedback!

The fact the people like my work makes me continue this project! :D

I do indeed have a Deviantart account its "dolevfab"

On 1/20/2018 at 5:01 AM, dolevfab said:

@KimTexan Thank you so much for the feedback!

The fact the people like my work makes me continue this project! :D

I do indeed have a Deviantart account its "dolevfab"

I checked it out and you’ve got even more amazing work there. Your gift for realism is superb! 

Most excellent! :)

It's okay to print one off now, please? 

(or a couple of hundred to sell! ;)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

15 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Most excellent! :)

It's okay to print one off now, please? 

(or a couple of hundred to sell! ;)

Oh c'mon.... I'll scan everything and finish it off in Photoshop when I'm done. You can print it but it's not gonna look good. There is plenty left, about 85 species :D including ammonites!

On 1/25/2018 at 8:26 AM, dolevfab said:

Oh c'mon.... I'll scan everything and finish it off in Photoshop when I'm done. You can print it but it's not gonna look good. There is plenty left, about 85 species :D including ammonites!

Golly, ok! 

I'm not much good at this being patient malarkey, but I'm sure you're right! ;)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

• 4 years later...

I know this is a couple of years old, but I just wanted to say this is absolutely incredible. Orthoconic Nautiloids have got to be my favorite fossils, and this just breaths them to life. Man if you took commissions, I'd be asking for more of this. This all the way. Props dude.