Nimravis

What was the "Best Deal" that you had on a purchased fossil?

Nimravis
52 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Hi have a few bargains in my collection but this I sold to bid on the Grand Christmas Auction. Sorry this is the only picture I have of it. A cave bear jaw . I will give the pice in dollars $27 and sold  $223

B4C7B47F-F4A3-4442-B8E8-AD7A834924C3.jpegI sold this for two reasons one to bid on the Auction and secondly I watched and I wish I had not the film The Grisly Man. 

The film is sad protrail of man cutting himself off from Society and slipping into madness. The film does not end well.

It really freaked me out and the jaw just reminded me of that to much.

but it was a Win Win for me as I won a fantastic lot of hell creek bits and a nice chunk of money to TFF

That was a great price and The person you sold it to also got a great bargain- I saw one recently that I was interested in going for $450.00, I would have bought yours.

Bobby Rico
3 hours ago, Nimravis said:

That was a great price and The person you sold it to also got a great bargain- I saw one recently that I was interested in going for $450.00, I would have bought yours.

Oh that’s is annoying in hindsight I probably would have ended up swapping with you and not winning the Auction or paying with  my credit card (but getting some great fossils off you.)

Nimravis

@Troodon , @-Andy- and @Bobby Rico very nice acquisitions- if I saw those I would have given you a run for your $$- lol.

oldtimer

Very nice and great finds at wonderful prices.

Lord I love the 3D video of yours.

fossilized6s

Two undescribed Pterosaur humeri for $50. 

Nimravis

@RJB and @fossilized6s nice purchases on a couple nice specimens.

JohnBrewer

726A1D3A-F34E-4896-BD76-A7ED4B11450D.jpeg.3ce71ac6cb33635f238e2a9daa5f3dcd.jpegF0669112-F39F-4643-AC5E-CF0F22B52B9B.jpeg.c0c6461c6dc3b9e73cd0c9a7dbb61586.jpegThis came a week ago. A nice ornithopod footcast for the princely sum of £15.50 including shipping :) 

sixgill pete
4 hours ago, fossilselachian said:

$10 Lee Creek Parotodus benedeni

IMG_0002.JPG.45f34843996a98a6fbe06df69ed3fffa.JPG

Now that is a fantastic deal.

Haravex

@troodon I will buy it off you for 130usd that way you make a profit :dinothumb:

Nimravis
21 minutes ago, Haravex said:

@troodon I will buy it off you for 130usd that way you make a profit :dinothumb:

@Troodon might do it, if you are also willing to pay for postage- :rofl:

Troodon

Boy what a offer need to think about that one...........ok I did :hammer01:

Bobby Rico
5 hours ago, JohnBrewer said:

726A1D3A-F34E-4896-BD76-A7ED4B11450D.jpeg.3ce71ac6cb33635f238e2a9daa5f3dcd.jpegF0669112-F39F-4643-AC5E-CF0F22B52B9B.jpeg.c0c6461c6dc3b9e73cd0c9a7dbb61586.jpegThis came a week ago. A nice ornithopod footcast for the princely sum of £15.50 including shipping :) 

I spotted that too . Great buy John and it goes great with your other footcast . :wub:

Kane

I won't name names, but anything I have purchased from TFF members. It has always been fair, and I could be reasonably certain of the integrity of the seller as they are active and knowledgeable members here. I never got a "steal," but always felt I got perfect value for what I bought where both people in the transaction felt it was a fair exchange. :) 

Bobby Rico
11 minutes ago, caldigger said:

The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.

Very nicely said.  A sentiment I can second. 

Haravex
14 hours ago, Troodon said:

Boy what a offer need to think about that one...........ok I did :hammer01:

I'll take that as a no then ....140usd :ighappy:

oldtimer

Do I hear 150usd.  :popcorn::popcorn: