Welcome back Libby!  I too haven't had much time for the forum this year but one of my New Year's resolutions is to contribute more.  So to that end, the bivalve internal cast is to a spiny oyster, Spondylus sp.  The internal cast does not look like Conus, however I might be able to identify to gastropod family if I can see the aperture.  Both I am assuming are from the Castle Hayne.  The gastropod is the oyster drill Eupleura caudata guessing Waccamaw.

Mike

• I found this Informative 2

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

Hey Libby, Good to see your post and latest finds! Congrats...thanks for the plant fotos...

Regards, Chris 

On 1/1/2018 at 10:40 AM, old bones said:

Hey, Libby! Good to hear from you again. I think that we have made the same kind of resolution regarding TFF this new year :) Love this urchins!

I am trying to be better and connect back with my FF friends! Thanks about the urchins. They are some of my favorites. ☺

Process of identification "mistakes create wisdom".

On 1/1/2018 at 12:21 PM, oldtimer said:

Nice finds and the photos were great too.  I like to see other photos of things from the area and that those who photograph them along the way.

Super glad that you are getting your son out with you and instilling those nature values in him at an early age.

Looking forward to the pics and write up of your 2017 trips and finds.  And looking forward to what you share in the coming 2018 finds.

Good luck and happy New Year.

Hi! Thank you for your response to my post. We are getting out more for hunts and I am hoping the new year brings more. My son loves paleontology and he takes after me with that. Happy New Year to you! 

Libby

On 1/1/2018 at 12:48 PM, Peat Burns said:

Nice finds!  What species is that murex?  It kind of looks like a triton.

Hi! Think it is a drill now. Thanks about the finds!

Libby

On 1/5/2018 at 12:55 PM, MikeR said:

Welcome back Libby!  I too haven't had much time for the forum this year but one of my New Year's resolutions is to contribute more.  So to that end, the bivalve internal cast is to a spiny oyster, Spondylus sp.  The internal cast does not look like Conus, however I might be able to identify to gastropod family if I can see the aperture.  Both I am assuming are from the Castle Hayne.  The gastropod is the oyster drill Eupleura caudata guessing Waccamaw.

Mike

Hello Mike, thanks for the welcome back. Finally, I am back with enthusiasm again. Thanks for the ID too! Hope your new year has started out splendidly!

Libby

On 1/1/2018 at 3:00 PM, Coco said:

Delighted to read to you again, I wondered what you became, it had been a long time since you had come visit us.

Coco

I am here! Just been super busy, life, my son, work. Great to here from you! Hope all is very well!

Libby

8 hours ago, Plantguy said:

Hey Libby, Good to see your post and latest finds! Congrats...thanks for the plant fotos...

Regards, Chris 

Hi! For sure! I love flora of NC and any area. Thanks about my post.

Libby

On 1/1/2018 at 2:56 PM, jcbshark said:

Good to see you back Libby, great pics:)

Happy New Year! Been s while, I know. My fault. Back and ready for all the fossiling amazement! Hope all very well!

Libby

On 1/1/2018 at 7:56 PM, sixgill pete said:

I think I recognize those echinoid pics.  Seems like I've been there before. :D

You have! There when I found them. Lol. 

Lib

On 1/3/2018 at 7:42 AM, Plax said:

was that Crosby, Stills, Nash, Adler & Young...

Lol! Yes. Hope all well Don.

Lib

Congratulations and welcome back Libby. Those are some magnificent finds. Love those gastros and echinoids. Thanks for sharing them with us.