Bulk Megalodon Teeth

Joseph Lambert

Hello, I have been fixing Megalodon shark teeth for a little while now and I was wondering if anyone knew of someone that has a lot of big broken Megalodon teeth for sale. I have checked on eBay but everyone there is a little expensive. Thanks for any help

Them things, even broken never seem to come too cheap. You might inquire with @mattbsharks he has been doing the same and may know of a source.

I know they pull a huge number of megs from the dives they do offshore from the Carolinas. Doing some internet searches with combinations of "meg" "ledge" and "dive" might locate some of the companies that lead these trips. They probably end up with huge numbers of incomplete teeth due the immense numbers they find on these offshore ledges. That would be my best idea for some leads for bulk quantities of these for restoration purposes.

Cheers.

-Ken

And the best way of getting an idea for "market price" on our favorite auction site is to look at the closed auctions (available in the advanced search as I recall). In progress auctions always have tantalizingly low current prices but tend to be far from their closing price. You'd pay a lot in shipping to get one tooth at a time through auctions. I still think connecting with someone who has thousands of teeth (not all perfect--which is what you are looking for) would be a good potential source for teeth in need of a little dental work.

Cheers.

-Ken

Thank you guys for the help and also those two listings are from a seller that I have bought from before. They actually have the best prices if you go on eBay.

On 1/1/2018 at 1:17 PM, caldigger said:

Them things, even broken never seem to come too cheap. You might inquire with @mattbsharks he has been doing the same and may know of a source.

I can help. thanks for the headsup :)

• FossilDAWG pinned and unpinned this topic

If you can come down to Tampa in March, annual fossil fest sells fragalodons for pennies on the dollar (still have to pay for parking & price of admission though). Biggest fossil show in Florida so I hear, definitely not something to miss for Floridians who've never been. I'll be there volunteering both days :)

Archived