I have no clue

indominus rex

This recently came with my pile of shark teeth that I bought which inluded Megalodon teeth and tiger shark teeth etc.... But I also found this and it seems to have some Pyrite on it and I have no clue what it is, I don't know where it's from. Any thoughts?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

Ya got me.  I get oddball things like that in packages, especially when buying bulk items by weight. Added fluff to make deal weigh more. Or it just could be a trash piece that was thrown into the wrong pile when packaging up for shipment.

It may or may not be anything at all.

30 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Ya got me.  I get oddball things like that in packages, especially when buying bulk items by weight. Added fluff to make deal weigh more. Or it just could be a trash piece that was thrown into the wrong pile when packaging up for shipment.

It may or may not be anything at all.

Could it be corprolite from a shark? Because I found things that are not shark teeth in the pile like a dolphin tooth and pieces of fossilized crab claws. Because it seems to be pyritized.

When You are holding an object and take a picture of it, both hands move and cause blur- hiding detail.

The background You use does the same thing- hides details.

Please set the piece on a monotone background with a scale/ruler and provide pictures from all sides.

These steps will greatly improve the chance of a corect ID.

Regards,

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

It looks like a terribly eroded and broken meg tooth to me.  But more and better photos may change that guess.

This is pyritized side of this object but I don't really think it's a Megalodon tooth, but I am not sure.

image.jpeg

I can't upload anymore pictures due to them being 3.95 MB

30 minutes ago, fossilized6s said:

Where did this come from? Florida? 

Don't know, possibly Lee Creek mine according to another member 

I'm stumped. I will say that the darker area looks an awful lot like a tooth root, though I'm not certain on that.

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Archived