The rock has the imprints of the tissue under the shell of the fossil. Tons of weird bubbling on another rock found in South Georgia 

image.jpg

Welcome to the forum. :) 

Any chance you could take more closer photos directly of the specimens (top down, not an oblique angle) with more even lighting? Also, if you could say where in Georgia these were found (a county might suffice), it may help some of our members pinpoint the geologic period to assist in an identification.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Sorry, but the photo still isn't good enough to be able to make out the fine details properly. Please show us a few good close ups of each specimen and point out to us what you mean by "shell", "tissue" and "wierd bubbling".

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I second that. Need to actually see what we're ID'ng

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Welcome to :tff: !!!

I agree with the others that these pictures are not good enough. We need more of them, from several angles, with good lighting, and with a size indication. Maybe also circle the parts that you want to highlight. 

But from your second picture, on this piece I can make out some things:

image.thumb.jpg.dcc1c88c4633aa5ded5aa5e54397aca0_LI.jpg.f2dd0e592afd4325929b24a02e851fc2.jpg

You talk about shells, and I agree that I see what looks like them, in red. And in yellow it seems to be the negative imprint of one of them. The "shells" could be either bivalve pieces (like from scallops or cockles) or from brachiopods. Bivalves is more likely though. But again, it would be much better to have more and better pictures.

Warm regards,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils