Where to find shark teeth in UK

Ammonight

Hello all!

I'm wondering, if there are any fossil sites in the UK with fossil shark teeth. I know in UK there are tons of places with ammonites, but what about shark teeth?

As long as it's shark teeth, I want to find it. But if there's megalodon teeth in UK, I'd spend days looking for one.

Any ideas where to find shark teeth in UK?

Thanks for all replies!

"The first fossil you find will always have a special place in your heart. You will hold it dear to you, as it is the beginning of a pathway of adventure and discovery." - Nathan Tan @Ammonight

I know that you can at a good number of sites, but I can't name any right now off the top of my head, so just use this link to find the information you're looking for.

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

The best sites for teeth are Beltinge (Herne Bay, Kent), Minster and Warden Point (Isle of Sheppey, Kent), Bracklesham Bay (West Sussex) and Abbey Wood (East London). I've just spent a few days across each and found over 500 teeth. 

For megalodon teeth specifically, your only option is Walton-on-the-Naze in Essex. They are all derived though from older beds and have been transported so are not the nicest looking teeth (usually beaten up and heavily worn). They are also quite rare so finding one will probably take some time unless you are really lucky. Worth a shot though!

Btw mods: this topic should probably be moved into the Europe or Q and A sections? 

• I found this Informative 1

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

23 hours ago, Paleoworld-101 said:

The best sites for teeth are Beltinge (Herne Bay, Kent), Minster and Warden Point (Isle of Sheppey, Kent), Bracklesham Bay (West Sussex) and Abbey Wood (East London). I've just spent a few days across each and found over 500 teeth. 

For megalodon teeth specifically, your only option is Walton-on-the-Naze in Essex. They are all derived though from older beds and have been transported so are not the nicest looking teeth (usually beaten up and heavily worn). They are also quite rare so finding one will probably take some time unless you are really lucky. Worth a shot though!

Btw mods: this topic should probably be moved into the Europe or Q and A sections? 

thanks! will look out for those places when I go to the UK.
Btw, about the sections, I didn't know there was a Europe section. Sorry bout that.

"The first fossil you find will always have a special place in your heart. You will hold it dear to you, as it is the beginning of a pathway of adventure and discovery." - Nathan Tan @Ammonight