Bobby Rico

Hi my friend  gave me this last year as a joke. He noticed a picture of some small Gastropods form Florida  I got from @Nimravis (maybe you may know about this Ralph ) and said he had a nice little one I could have if I had the room . I said yes please . He sent it in a massive box 24inches by 12inches . When I opened it , I found a Huge Pilocene Gastropod from California . If anybody can help with an ID I would be very grateful .

thanks Bobby 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi, Bobby! 

I'm pretty sure that's Sinistrofulgar sp. 

There was another thread about one recently, I recall. 

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Thanks Adam looks spot on to me. I will find that thread and have a look. It is a good size so I thought I could get an ID even with just California as a location.

cheers mate

bobby 

And 

Though the one pictured here looks very different to me. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

5 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

And 

Though the one pictured here looks very different to me. 

This does look a little different and lots smaller but I google it and it does look like Sinistrofulgar sp. 

Did he (the friend) find this in California himself?  It looks more Floridian to me.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

2 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Did he (the friend) find this in California himself?  It looks more Floridian to me.

No he did not. I think he just acquired. He is normally very reliable with info regarding his fossil but he could have got  incorrect info in the first place.  

Thank you @caldigger

5 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

No he did not. I think he just acquired. He is normally very reliable with info regarding his fossil but he could have got  incorrect info in the first place.  

Thank you @caldigger

I think Doren @caldigger is correct, looks to me like something that would come out of a Florida shell pit. Maybe @MikeR or @Shellseeker could confirm the id that @Tidgy's Dad provided. I figured I add the whole FF Family on this reply- lol. It is a very pretty piece.

Thanks Ralph I going text my friend he can check his records. I think Doren right too. 

Very much appreciated 

7 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Thanks Ralph I going text my friend he can check his records. I think Doren right too. 

Very much appreciated 

I am at work right now and cannot view any of my references- sorry.

The shell is Sinistrofulgur and was not found in California as the extant genus is native to the U.S. Atlantic coast and the Gulf of Mexico.

Mike

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

4 minutes ago, MikeR said:

The shell is Sinistrofulgur and was not found in California as the extant genus is native to the U.S. Atlantic coast and the Gulf of Mexico.

Mike

Pure expertise. I am flattered to be considered in the same shell universe as Mike. :D

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

It is a funny thing, I started out with my first post with no ID on this shell but a location . Now I have an ID and a different location. I think when fossils travel from country to country , thought different hands info can get lots sometimes. But I can now do a label that says Sinistrofulgur sp. U.S. Atlantic coast.

thank you very much our

FF family @Tidgy's Dad @Nimravis @caldigger @MikeR @Shellseeker Fantastic people. 

Cheers Bobby 

• I found this Informative 2