Dr Mud, 6ix & TinBum - more crabs than you could poke a stick at.

6ix

On 2/9/2018 at 6:06 PM, Doctor Mud said:

i have just got home from the south island where i had an amazing time with an awesome team from Canterbury, tepapa and flinders as well as al mannering and leigh love we had a good time at the st bathans site where very important work is going on . we talked about your awesome finds of the penguin and the verts. i went for a hunt on my way home got rained out of glenafric but found a few nice crabs at mounau.

i would say al is our best fossil preparer he has the skill needed to work with such important material.

hope to catch up some time dave.

On 2/9/2018 at 6:06 PM, Doctor Mud said:

Sadly I don't have a prep palace right now, but the individual basking shark vert, the penguin and some @6ix's huge basking shark vertebrae block are in the capable hands of Al Mannering who does wonderful prep for the Canterbury museum. It makes me a little sad that I don't have the time or place to prep big pieces like this right now but Al is the man and I will get to see these fossils in all their glory in the nit too distant future!

Has to be my best trip to NZ fossil hunting ever. Just when you think you know a locality, a whole bunch of new things and information come to light. Some mysteries  have been solved, I learned a lot about the site, met a new local collector (thanks to @Dave (POM) Allen) and found some awesome things. Also really enjoyed hanging out with @6ix and his whanau (family). 

Ill post updates on the prep of these fossils in the future.....

Archived