MarielleK

I have a nice little leaf fossil. I just wanted a quick ID on the species and time period it is from, if possible. It is from the green river formation. I was thinking Macginitiea wyomingensis?  Thank you!

image2.jpeg

You are correct, it is a Sycamore leaf. I'm thinking Platanus wyomingensis or  Macginitiea wyomingensis. These are from the Eocene. 

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

33 minutes ago, fossilized6s said:

You are correct, it is a Sycamore leaf. I'm thinking Platanus wyomingensis or  Macginitiea wyomingensis. These are from the Eocene. 

Thank you!

31 minutes ago, fossilized6s said:

Platanus has been classified as Macginitiea and Platanites Manchester 2014.  Macginitiea and Platanites are also found in Paleocene deposits.

Manchester, S.R. (2014)
Revisions to Roland Brown's North American Paleocene flora.
Sborník Národního muzea v Praze - Řada B, 70(3-4):153-210  PDF LINK

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Archived