Ludwigia

:popcorn: Very well done so far!

Monica

Now I'll have to see about visiting England to do some fossil-collecting myself - thanks for all of the detailed information!!!

I love your "ammonites lying in plain sight on the beach" from Lyme Regis to Charmouth - Dorset as well as your Dactylioceras commune and belemnite phragmocones from Saltwick Bay (Yorkshire) - simply beautiful! :wub::ammonite01:

Add-on:  I just read your entry for Kings dyke-Cambridgeshire - amazing belemnites!!!!!!!!!!  And your ammonite from that location is really pretty - I am so :envy: right now!!!

Kane

A brilliant report! I could see losing several hours (or days!) here just beach-combing.

Ludwigia

PS. Now that you've filled in the blanks. Thank you very much for this impressive and informative report!

Paleoworld-101
53 minutes ago, Monica said:

Now I'll have to see about visiting England to do some fossil-collecting myself - thanks for all of the detailed information!!!

I love your "ammonites lying in plain sight on the beach" from Lyme Regis to Charmouth - Dorset as well as your Dactylioceras commune and belemnite phragmocones from Saltwick Bay (Yorkshire) - simply beautiful! :wub::ammonite01:

Add-on:  I just read your entry for Kings dyke-Cambridgeshire - amazing belemnites!!!!!!!!!!  And your ammonite from that location is really pretty - I am so :envy: right now!!!

I'm glad you liked it Monica! Yes, put it on the list, start stashing some cash, whatever you need to do :P it's well worth it. If you have any questions about planning such a trip or anything about the locations feel free to ask. I see you're an invert gal. I'm afraid my report was very vertebrate biased hahaha but there were loads of other interesting inverts i saw that didn't make it in. You will be pleased either way. 

35 minutes ago, Kane said:

A brilliant report! I could see losing several hours (or days!) here just beach-combing.

Of definitely, it's a thrill that you can't shake even in terrible British weather (sorry Brits hahaha). ''5 more minutes... ok 10... just one more hour'', you never know when you'll come across something great. This goes for fossil hunting in general too, but i love that no matter how many times you visit a place you can still find new things. It's different every time. 

6 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

PS. Now that you've filled in the blanks. Thank you very much for this impressive and informative report!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it :) 

sixgill pete

Great trip report. What an amazing assortment of locations and finds. 

minnbuckeye

Great post!!! Thanks for creating such an informative description of your trip. It comes at a time I am seriously contemplating a trip to England. My wife turns 60 on Feb 26th and she has ALWAYS wanted to visit England. So I am currently looking into the costs of such a trip, though I don't like what I am seeing. We will see how much I love her!!!. If we go, reading your trip report helps me tremendously in deciding whether  side trips for fossils are possible.

37 minutes ago, Paleoworld-101 said:

I'm glad you liked it Monica! Yes, put it on the list, start stashing some cash, whatever you need to do :P it's well worth it. If you have any questions about planning such a trip or anything about the locations feel free to ask. I see you're an invert gal. I'm afraid my report was very vertebrate biased hahaha but there were loads of other interesting inverts i saw that didn't make it in. You will be pleased either way.

Like Monica, I collect invertebrates. Also like her, we really do not have a choice due to the geology of our home bases being Ordovician/ Devonian. I am sure she would love to find the vertebrate material you showed. If I solidify a trip, is your offer to answer questions only directed to Monica or can I pick your brain??  

Mike

Uncle Siphuncle

Great report, and one I’d like to make someday.  My focus would be ammonites, echinoids, and ichthyosaur verts.

WhodamanHD

What an awesome trip and report:dinothumb:

I really do have to visit someday! I thought the mammals were particularly cool, but everything you found was pretty awesome! Some sites reminded me of contemporaneous sites we have over here that I’ve visited, cool to see the comparison.

masonboro37

Capitvating report, pictures and finds! Thank you so much for posting and explaining each area, epoch and the specimens. 

Libby

CBOB

Thanks for such a fantastic post!  A nice read while enjoying some morning coffee!  Thanks!  And congrats on what looks like a great haul of finds!

ynot

Looks like a trip of a lifetime!

so much fun and nice finds!

Thanks for the wonderful report.