Can anyone confirm this dinosaur species?

MetalPhoenix

I put up a post last night to see if someone could help me figure out of this fossil is authentic, and a few people seem to think that it is (so cool!). It looks like a "psittacosaurus" from what I can guess, but I am not an expert. It's also very small, only about 15" wide in total. So probably a baby? I got it about 15 or 20 years ago, but after reading online about these fossils had suspected that it was probably a fake. Now it seems that this might be real, and I'm wondering if anyone can confirm the species, where it might be from, and if this is a baby? Anything else about this species, whatever it is? Thank you, much appreciated!

1.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

Not sure why you needed to repost this that was you question on the previous post.  I thought it was given the thumbs up as far as it being the genus Psittacosaurus no one said it was not.  You will not be able to identify it to a species without a locality and an expert on these dinosaurs. The poor preservation of the skull may hinder an ID to a species level.

• I found this Informative 5

After getting the promising report on this likely being real, I thought that it made sense to ask over in this section if anyone has an idea of where this might be from and what the species might be (I saw on Wikipedia that there are 11 known species of psittacosaurus, and I figured that maybe someone here might know this one).

Also, thanks to everyone for the interest and the offers to buy, but I'm not interested in selling this. I'm just doing research to learn as much as I can about it.

• I found this Informative 2

I also had the idea to propose you to buy it, but i thought that if you had this since bout fifteen years you wouldn't sell it. It's a very nice fossil you have there.

Cheers,

Sophie.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

3 hours ago, fifbrindacier said:

Also, thanks to everyone for the interest and the offers to buy, but I'm not interested in selling this. I'm just doing research to learn as much as I can about it.

That because of the quality of this fossil, hard to find’em like that nowadays.

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason