jcbshark

Tff peace river group trip

jcbshark

Have a member get together on the peace for Jan 27 weather permitting. We will be going out at the bridge above Payne’s creek park at lake branch rd and pulling out at Heard rd bridge. You will need your own watercraft as canoe outpost does not service this far upstream. We will work out the car shuffling by ear once we find out how many will be going. There’s at least a dozen folks who are going at the moment and everyone is welcome. This is a great opportunity to learn for new hunters and also a chance to meet some of the great folks who make Tff want it is. If this sounds like a good time post here and once the times are set in stone I’ll post them up.  Happy new year to you all, Jeff:D

Mulch29

Thanks for setting this up, I would like to join. I have my own single kayak.

jcbshark
7 hours ago, Mulch29 said:

I sent you a pm:)

jcbshark

I’m entirely too low tech to figure out how to copy and paste but would like to thank Jack ( shellseeker) who thought it would be a good idea to give folks some of the items that would help you in your hunting on the peace. If anyone has any other questions feel free to post em up or send me a pm:)

3CDD0B78-AD1E-4740-85CA-789B4183EABF.png

digit
On 1/9/2018 at 11:13 AM, Mulch29 said:

Ah, great!

Melissa, if memory serves correct (and it does less and less these days). Remember you from the forum some time back but haven't seen you here much recently--glad to have you back. I tend to remember TFF members who are in my general area. Hope you can make it as it is always an excellent addition to a group hunt to meet some new faces from the forum.

Up in Chicago at the moment for my mother-in-law's birthday. It was 8F when we landed Wednesday morning but it is now safely above freezing so the snow is now melting (but the lake by the condo is still frozen solid, protected with a layer of reflective white snow). It will likely be chilly on the Peace next Saturday but nothing compared with the temps up here. :blink: I just picked up a pair of nylon chest-high waders with integrated boots specifically for next Saturday as an alternative to freezing my booty even with my 3mm or 5mm wetsuit. We'll see how that works out.

Looking forward to seeing everybody on this outing and hoping for some sunny weather and warm temps.

Cheers.

-Ken