Nimravis

A Trip to the Field Museum of Natural History (Jurassic World and Various Fossils)

Troodon

Looks like you had a fantastic day with your grandson.   The pictures are great thanks for posting and the tour.  See anything you wanted to add to your collection :D

Bobby Rico

Nice Ralph I bet you all loved it. Field museum is incredible I had a fantastic day there last year. Dinosaurs, fossils , paintings by Charles Knight and my favourite Mold-A-Ramas  . Great photos and thank you for bringing back some fond memories .

cheers Bobby 

Nimravis
31 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Nice Ralph I bet you all loved it. Field museum is incredible I had a fantastic day there last year. Dinosaurs, fossils , paintings by Charles Knight and my favourite Mold-A-Ramas  . Great photos and thank you for bringing back some fond memories .

cheers Bobby 

LOL- we had to get 3 Mold-A-Ramas. 

Nimravis
35 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Looks like you had a fantastic day with your grandson.   The pictures are great thanks for posting and the tour.  See anything you wanted to add to your collection :D

Yes- but just a couple. :ighappy:

ynot

Wonderful tour!

Thanks for sharing.

snolly50

I very much enjoyed seeing the account of your visit.

Fossildude19

Awesome photo essay, Ralph!

I really appreciate seeing this - The only time I was in Chicago,  I went to the Field Museum, ... and the Hall of Dinosaurs was being renovated. :( 

I was only able to see the plant fossils at that time, ... oh, and Sue. :) 

So thanks again!

caldigger

Not seeing any pictures, can you repost them all.  JK!  Wonderful trip. Thanks for taking us along.

Fruitbat

Now THAT is the way to go fossil collecting!  It's all self-service, right?  You just pay your entrance fee, go in, and pick out the ones you want! :ighappy:

-Joe

Nimravis

@caldigger very funny, it was a pain trying to post them, while trying to keep them in some sense of order.

@Fruitbat for the amount of money that it cost to park, entrance fees and food, they should have given me some fossils.

Ludwigia

Thanks for the tour. First time for me. Love to see it live someday, although by the looks of things, I might need more than a day to take it all in properly. Despite all of the impressive creatures you've shown us, my favorite photo is the selfie with sabre tooth :P

Tidgy's Dad

Very impressive! 

And lots of excellent photos. :)

Thanks very much for taking the time to post all of those for us, Ralph. 

Glad you and your grandson had such a great day. 

Paleoworld-101

Seriously impressive, i'd love to see Sue's real skull like that in person. Thank you for sharing these pictures! 

Bobby Rico
7 hours ago, Nimravis said:

LOL- we had to get 3 Mold-A-Ramas. 

Me too . They are cool . Great post Ralph thank you. 

Kane

Thanks for taking us along to see these incredible exhibits, Ralph! :) Certainly is inspiring, not to mention getting a fossil fix in with all the wintry weather you're having.

Jeffrey P

Thanks for the tour. Great pictures and wonderful exhibits. Looks like you and your grandson had a great time and appreciate that you spent the effort to document it. I wish the American Museum of Natural History in New York had exhibits on invertebrates. If I'm ever in Chicago I'll definitely check it out.

michele 1937

Congratulations beautiful photos.
there are no names under the pictures
Hello