Beaumaris Trip

izak_

G'day,

Just went on a 4 day long trip to Melbourne to go to Beaumaris and while we were there we bought/traded a few things from a dealer. 

For the first few days we were there we snorkelled at Beaumaris and found a few alright things...

These two Cosmopolitodus (Carcharodon) hastalis teeth were encrusted in 'stuff' when we first found them. Nothing much compared to what you find in the U.S but they are pretty good for Australian teeth!:

IMG_1088.thumb.jpg.52f46c55ec659b3d97d048cc539927ed.jpg

IMG_1089.thumb.jpg.198de1f529b40fe799e7238f7d1e2ca5.jpg

Posted multiple times again :/

IMG_1112.thumb.jpg.df8a1c860b530bc4584a4b7b5d1e059d.jpg

Oh and we also found a few of these at Beaumaris, someone dumped a few hundred of them off a jetty:

IMG_1113.thumb.jpg.e00c1adf2905242ecb58eb74bb0b5b63.jpg

Splendid finds! Those teeth are excellent, were all snorkelling finds or did you find some on land as well? Better than the ones I picked up there last year.

Also where in SA is that crocodile tooth from and how old?

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

@Paleoworld-101 Thanks! All were snorkelling finds, wish we did some land collecting but it was a bit hot lol... thinking about going back in March, really want to find a tiger shark tooth. The croc tooth is from the early Miocene of the Tirari desert.

Most marvelous collection. 

I particularly love the toadfish bit and the rat kangaroo jaw! 

Thanks for posting all those pics! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Very very cool! The jaw and the GW are especially awesome!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Congrats @Foozil you got yourself some nice bits & pieces there, Beaumaris just keeps on giving :D I really must put together a post of my best finds from last year.

2 minutes ago, Connah said:

@Foozil Meant to ask if you dived both sides?

I did, the big teeth are from the Table Rock area and the two grey small teeth are from the Mentone side and so were the inverts. Just off the jetty on the Mentone side there are hundreds of lovenia that someone dumped there...

Archived