SharkToothMaster

AntWerpen

SharkToothMaster

Hey im new!

Im going on a trip to Antwerpen soon and my goal is to find Megalodon teeth/shark teeth. BUT i dont know where in Antwerpen i should hunt. Can you guys give me a tip or something helpfull? :)

WhodamanHD

Welcome to the forum from Maryland, USA! I don’t know much about Antwerp’s sites, but I think they have a fossil club that has access to some. Maybe @CharlotteG would know more. Megalodon teeth are very uncommon in Antwerp, but still present if your lucky. Good luck!

Ludwigia

Welcome from Germany. Shark teeth are guaranteed, but if you're hoping for a Meg there, then as my predecessor already mentioned, you're gonna need an awful lot of luck. Sorry I can't guide you anywhere, but maybe @Manticocerasman could give you a few tips.

Paleoworld-101

I've seen this topic before, and the local collectors weren't too happy about divulging information. Maybe there's too much competition as it is. Some google detective work should be sufficient though i think, especially for an area as well known about as that. Chances are someone has mentioned exact sites on some obscure blog page or something :D 

Ludwigia

All that I can further suggest is to keep your eye out for construction sites in the appropriate sediment.

SharkToothMaster

I have heard that i need to find a construction site. Maybe some local folk from Antwerpen can help me? ;) I has asked in a facebook group from Antwerpen.

But thx for helping :D

Edited by SharkToothMaster

Manticocerasman

Welcome to tff

Megs can be found in Antwerpen. But they are not common. You wil need to get lucky to find one. Other teeth like cosmopolitus hastalis are very common. And can be found in the deposits in and around Antwerpen. As for a construction site. If you find one, make sure to get permission to acces the site. Construction workers are not very keen on people making holes in the construction trenches.

SharkToothMaster
5 hours ago, SharkToothMaster said:

I have heard that i need to find a construction site. Maybe some local folk from Antwerpen can help me? ;) I has asked in a facebook group from Antwerpen.

But thx for helping :D

Edited by SharkToothMaster