Plant or animal?

fossils4fun

Nice finds! The brach fragment would make me want to look for more--took me awhile to find some complete ones over in Kentucky years ago after finding a few pieces. I agree with Herb on the possible family/Genus. Cant help with the corals but they are interesting also. I wonder what they look like with a polished cross section? 

As Kim pointed out looks like you have all kinds of Ord/Miss aged material to look in. https://ngmdb.usgs.gov/ngm-bin/pdp/zui_viewer.pl?id=7339

National Geologic Map Database
Preview

Haley, B.R., Glick, E.E., Bush, W.V., Clardy, B.F., Stone, C.G., Woodward, M.B., and Zachry, D.L., 1993, Geologic map of Arkansas: U.S. Geological Survey,  , scale 1:500,000

5a5c12f12852e_ArkansasgeologicmapCanehillarealegend.jpg.75c0434398d89a32c6381f958f48e406.jpg

Arkansas_geologic_map_Cane_hill_area_from_USGS_DB_LI.thumb.jpg.6750ad378e8e0a76c03dfa86136fecc9.jpg

Continued hunting success. 

Regards, Chris 

it looks likely you could have mixed Mississippian and Devonian in the same area. The Miss. horn corals are not usually as big as the ones you have.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

With the biifurcated plications, (shell ridges split into 2 at exterior of shell edge) I am pretty sure the brachiopod is Orthotetes sp.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Archived