Looking to go to a Dig camp

NWGeoFan

I am looking into going to a Fossil dig (looking at the Marmarth Foundation and Paleoadventures) over the summer. I have noticed that some digs specify you have to pay for some of your finds ie T Rex teeth. Anyone have any advice on how much I should spend on T Rex tooth? Or able to give me a crash course on appraising their worth? I dont want to just shell out $$ over a tooth that isnt worth half the amount I paid. 

"I am going to dig up dinosaurs whether they are liquid or solid"

1 hour ago, Peat Burns said:

This outfit lets you keep your finds, so if you find a T. rex tooth, it's yours to keep (I know because I did :))...

PaleoProspectors

Looks like a nice program thanks for the recommendation! 

My wife and I have been going out with Steve (Paleo Prospectors) for 10 years or so now.  Always a good time and we’ve come home with some great finds.  

• I found this Informative 1

10 minutes ago, bpgreen20 said:

My wife and I have been going out with Steve (Paleo Prospectors) for 10 years or so now.  Always a good time and we’ve come home with some great finds.  

Good to know looks like a great program, just worried about cost.

I too would recommend Paleoprospectors. Steve and the guys are a lot of fun and I always find neat stuff.

You can keep most of your finds. I would check out their website for more details.

• I found this Informative 1

Warning:  Shameless Plug Below.

For those looking for more of an experience rather than keeping what you find (and I know there are plenty of you out there), I run dinosaur trips in Wyoming through the Tate Geological Museum.  this will be our 14th year doing this.  (Half the cost of keep your finds outings).  

https://www.caspercollege.edu/tate-geological-museum/events/digs

15 minutes ago, jpc said:

Warning:  Shameless Plug Below.

For those looking for more of an experience rather than keeping what you find (and I know there are plenty of you out there), I run dinosaur trips in Wyoming through the Tate Geological Museum.  this will be our 14th year doing this.  (Half the cost of keep your finds outings).  

https://www.caspercollege.edu/tate-geological-museum/events/digs

Sounds good I will definitely look into it