Spinosaurus jaw

Spinosaurus

Definitely not.

Photos this small are simply inadequate to tell if any parts are real or fake. That being said, this looks nothing like a Spinosaur jaw. So the Spino teeth have been composited in.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

its very fake, the teeth are composited.  Spinosaur jaws are very robust in the anterior end this one is narrow. Not even a good representation of one.

SpinoJaw1b.thumb.jpg.6746eb4e75020c4f62433417af3bd386.jpg

Looks very badly done to me.

I think you can actually see the sand and glue in the jaw and around the bottom of the teeth. 

Very unconvincing. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I agree, this looks fake and a bad fake at that. The jaw itself is far too narrow and the wrong shape. As others have said, the teeth have been added.

Also, Spinosaurus maroccanus is a nomen dubium. It's quite possible that Spinosaurus aegyptiacus is present in the Kem Kem beds (it depends on if you consider the neotype as valid). But Spinosaurus maroccanus should probably be considered a junior synonym of Sigilmassasaurus brevicollis. This animal is also only know from cervical and dorsal vertebrae material. So no skull elements can be ascribed to it with any certainty (with a possible exception of the quadratum bone).

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I would agree with everyone here. It's not Spinosaurus, and it really does look like a partial rib with teeth glued into it. Definitely weird

I seen this a few days back on the said website and made me laugh at first i put it down to croc but when i looked again it did remind me somewhat of a cervical rib.

Archived