Ceratosaurus 3D Reconstruction Project

3depix

• 1 month later...

Very impressive 3depix!  3ds Max is a very powerful piece of software and one of my favorites.  I don't get to render with it as much as I did in the past.  This makes me want to really get back into it.  Keep up the great work.

• Thank You 1

Very nice:Smiling: Looking at the walking animation I wonder if it should be more "birdlike". Look how terrestrial birds walk:

They mostly use their "ankles" facing backwards (heels) and move the lower part of the leg (tarsometatarsus). Shouldn't the dino be moving the same way? For discussion

• Thank You 1

Wow it is a spectacular animation! The environment is awesome! Did you recreate the plants all on your own? How many models did you make?

• Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 11:34 AM, RuMert said:

Very nice:Smiling: Looking at the walking animation I wonder if it should be more "birdlike". Look how terrestrial birds walk:

They mostly use their "ankles" facing backwards (heels) and move the lower part of the leg (tarsometatarsus). Shouldn't the dino be moving the same way? For discussion

I might be wrong, but looks like the presence of an actual long tail makes difference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGOQ1Igy6Do

On 8/17/2021 at 8:47 AM, thorst said:

Wow it is a spectacular animation! The environment is awesome! Did you recreate the plants all on your own? How many models did you make?

Thank you. I bought the plants to save some time, but had to modify them and re-make some materials.

Edited by 3depix