Would anyone be interested in a small sample of Puerto Rican Matrix?

Limestone

Hello all, 

I was cleaning off the matrix off a bivalve I found some time ago in a the Guajataca River in northern Puerto Rico. 

This is a sample of shaley clay from the  San Sebastian Formation and dates back to the middle(?) - upper Oligocene 

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in the matrix I cleaned off. it's a small sample ~4.0 grams of matrix. 

I can ship it to someone in USA that wants to look at it and see if they find anything interesting micro fossils.

If any one else is interested let me know,

I can eventually ship some more matrix from the same or other locations once I get back to collecting. 

I will pay for the shipping to USA

IMG_3289.JPG

Have you found any microfossils in the matrix?

If so, what kind?

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

50 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Have you found any microfossils in the matrix?

If so, what kind?

Hello, I haven't searched for micro fossils, sorry for not making that clear. 

I am a new to fossil hunting and read this subforums, it's seems really interesting.

But don't have the expertise or equipment to do it. 

In the mix I do see shell pieces and what looks like an echinoderm spine.

Other than that I couldn't tell you if there is anything else. 

If someone is interested in finding out, I can collect sand and debris from the river and ship it out too

i would be interested in knowing. I haven't much online about micro fossils in Puerto Rico. 

What does this formation typically bare, sharks teeth or terrestrial bones? Sorry, I know little of Puerto Rico’s geology. I don’t have the patience to go through matrix in search of tiny ostracods, but if small teeth or bones may be found, then maybe.

P.S. Hope you and your family are doing well down there.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

I would be very happy to accept your offer, and am well-equipped to deal with both Foraminifera and Ostracoda.  And I would be quite willing to share findings on the forum.

Rumi

11 hours ago, Rumi said:

I would be very happy to accept your offer, and am well-equipped to deal with both Foraminifera and Ostracoda.  And I would be quite willing to share findings on the forum.

Rumi

Great, I will send you a PM!

A quick google search showed that the formation does have variety of ostracods. Looking forward to what @Rumi finds

Collecting Microfossils - a hobby concerning much about many of the little

paraphrased from Dr. Robert Kesling's book

Archived