dinodigger

Better preservation than I'm used to seeing.  Not much redepositing involved.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

That is quite the toe bone!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Now we are talking! Nice find. Whats the geology there? Is that from a stream/channel type deposit? 

Regards, Chris 

Nice find.  Would be interested in what period and type of location that was found in.

Two thumbs up, or in this case just toes up.

Seymour formation is pretty cool. deposited in middle pleistocene. Ice sheets didnt reach that far south. Not as hot in the summers and pretty mild winters. Massive stream channel deposits with a yellowstone originating volcanic ash bed separating two sand and gravel deposits. nice soil development features with articulated specimens collected by Olson in the 60s.

On 1/16/2018 at 12:08 AM, dinodigger said:

Seymour formation is pretty cool. deposited in middle pleistocene. Ice sheets didnt reach that far south. Not as hot in the summers and pretty mild winters. Massive stream channel deposits with a yellowstone originating volcanic ash bed separating two sand and gravel deposits. nice soil development features with articulated specimens collected by Olson in the 60s.

Thanks for the detail. We have some neat river/stream deposits here and lots of reworked stuff. Occasionally there is even sink hole material. The University has had some digs in those. I specialize in broken unrecognizable/unidentifiable bone fragments when I get the chance to get out. LOL. 

Continued hunting success. 

Thanks again. Regards, Chris 

Archived