Anybody else?

caldigger

I know this isn't directly fossil related, but has anyone else have this happen with the USPS. Several times I have gotten an item being shipped through USPS. Gotten tracking notice that it had arrived at the P.O. and was out for delivery only to not get the item delivered for at least a day or two afterward.

Are they not actually getting it in the delivery truck and posting it out on delivery  or do postal workers regularly misplace packages in their vehicles?!

It gets rather frustrating when expecting a package in the mailbox and it only having letter mail in there.

Am I the only one that experiences this phenomenon?

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Posted a reply, but it vanished!

There could be a couple of reasons. Sometimes the package is scanned at the PO after the daily delivery has already gone out, so it will sit there for another day. Getting absolutely precise information of where your package is in the system (such as on which truck) is not given as that would be a safety issue for the driver. Or, if the delivery trucks are already at capacity (usually priority shipped items go in first, and then the other packages), so it gets pushed to the next day's pickup. 

Parcel delivery services like UPS are even stranger. Even if you live closest to a depot on its delivery route, it is possible to be the last delivery of the day. This, I learned, was on account of route planning logistics whereby drivers will, say, only make right turns to shave off a few minutes. It's a similar time-shaving practice if you were an exterior house painter seeking to minimize ladder moves to get more painting time in for less time cost.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Thanks, I just got a notification of delivery delay. Probably for one of those various ressons.  

I know it's not for adverse weather, we never get any of that fun stuff.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Archived