Cleaning Fossils Can Be Quite Entertaining.

Traviscounty

So my buddy stopped by to say hi while he was on his daily walk around the neighborhood. He was thirsty, so I made him a glass of ice water. I got a phone call, and he went in the kitchen to get his drink. He took a big gulp of my vinegar/urchin water I had in a cup. I thought it was funnier than he did. :rolleyes:

So my buddy stopped by to say hi while he was on his daily walk around the neighborhood. He was thirsty, so I made him a glass of ice water. I got a phone call, and he went in the kitchen to get his drink. He took a big gulp of my vinegar/urchin water I had in a cup. I thought it was funnier than he did. :rolleyes:

*Shudders* that sounds terrible.

I've heard that pickled urchin juice is good for the digestion.

Add some vodka and a lime wedge and you can market it as Urchin Ooze.

Curiously refreshing...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I'm still laughing. You guys should have seen his reaction.

I just remembered that when I was a little kid, if one of us siblings asked the other to get them a glass of water (the old "as long as you're up) we would always dump a bunch of salt in it. Ahhh, the good old days. :)

Reminds me of the age-old wonderful prank:

"You ever eaten a persimmon?"

"No"

"Try one of these - the green ones are best..."

Show of hands who knows what I'm talking about...

(they are tasty - when RIPE)

"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be. " - Douglas Adams

He took a big gulp of my vinegar/urchin water I had in a cup.

Reminds me of an off-color joke. I'll keep it to myself :rolleyes:

Reminds me of the age-old wonderful prank:

"You ever eaten a persimmon?"...

I had an (evil) uncle whose version of that involved jack-in-the-pulpit root.

(Makes an habanero taste like a grape).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Archived