ID needed for shelled organism

Kaiju Slayer333

A friend had given me a pack of small fossils from Morocco as a gift. And while other shells were clearly just snails. This one not only is larger despite not being complete but to be honest. Just doesn’t look like it could be a snail, or at least the same species. If you can figure out what it is, much thanks.

A46871CF-C432-4283-B449-410A3D109DBE.jpeg

7596D66F-4747-4762-BAA1-DE5CDD3A3B7E.jpeg

looks like either a snail whorl or a piece of ammonite. Do you know the age

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

I am guessing ammonite, but it quite beat up so it is hard for me to say. Maybe @Ludwigia could help? I am going to go out on a limb here, but it looks like some Toarcian ammonites that I have seen. Perhaps Harpoceras? I don't know if there is any Toarcian sediment in Morocco. As Herb said, do you know the age? 

Not postive about the date. My guess would be Mesozoic and all periods after, up to the modern day. 

Just to confirm that this is certainly a partial ammonite, and as Heteromorph has already indicated, it may very well come from the early Jurassic, although I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's a Harpoceras, since any number of ammonite species have this type of ribbing.

• I found this Informative 2

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Can see the ribbing of a partial ammonite.:ammonite01:

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

I'm certain it's a worn bit of ammonite. 

Doesn't look Moroccan to me, but there's a lot of stuff here I've not seen. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Yup, good ol’Ammo.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason