Lis this real? Fish fossil from river area

It's a carving. :( 

Of course, it will help if you take a clearer photo. It is best to lay the object down on a flat surface and take a photo from directly on top of it, in good lighting. Holding the object in your hand while taking a picture leads to some motion blur. ;) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

As stated, this is a carving, not a fossil. :unsure: 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

This is strictly an art piece. No resemblance to a real fish fossil. Look up images as to what an actual fish fossil looks like an you will certainly agree.

The only thing that might be ancient is the dust thats covering the piece.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Someone certainly took considerable time and effort to produce this carving. 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

It's one of those very rare exoskeleton fish. The spine is on the outside of the body. Lol

I don't believe this was asked. Is someone trying to sell this to you as a real fossil?  

You stated it is from "river area". The rock/ clay it is made from just might be from a river.  However, the fish I'm sorry to say is from the artists imagination.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

On 1/20/2018 at 12:43 PM, Bondy said:

Im totally newbie as i see this fossil is quite perfect for my newbie eyes. What do you think? Location: sumatera indonesia

IMG_20180121_013616.jpg

Screams fake. Doesn't have even remotely accurate biological features.

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

It is only a work of art produced by human hands, and as such, it has mere artistic value! Here in my country there are hundreds of works of art like this:

image.thumb.png.addee3eadb95dbf30426d1affcd30c55.png

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Archived