JohnBrewer

That groove looks like just damage to me. I dunno much about serrations per millimeter but this is giving me a Carcharodontosaur feel due to the curve. I'm wondering how wide it is though, since you don't really have any photos of the angles like anterior and posterior.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Yep it's a Kem Kem Theropod tooth for sure :D  interesting tooth....like it...hate to ask but I really need more...more pictures, lots more :)  you did a nice job but it's an odd tooth.  Just of the crown, don't care about the root.   A view of both edges,  a picture of the front of the tooth to see the shape and closeups of that groove especially close to the tip.  What is in the groove matrix.?

If the denticles on the mesial edge only extend part of the way down it cannot be a Carcharodontosaurus, don't know if the very posterior tooth would be short?

27 minutes ago, Troodon said:

This looks natural with faint serrations why I asked for closeups

distal.jpg.122f05db2b29cb02f3556674d50a9e7a.thumb.jpg.372d2404518f1cf5182b05cff5558d21.jpg

Thanks Frank. The ‘groove’ on one side is a bit Kem Kem sandy but the other side you’ve highlighted seems to be fairly sand free and as you say does sorta look like denticals.

Yes the mesial denticals only run half half way down the crown.

Gonna send you a PM now.  

Hey John, remind me, in the future, not to ask you for additional photos.  I need to check to see what's missing  :rofl:

Interesting tooth will have to digest what I'm seeing. 

John, I think a few more close-up images, at different angles, will assist in an ID. :P

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

And rightfully you delivered.  The tip area is fascinating never seen anything like it, looks like a set of unformed serrations around the tip.   Not sure what to say about it but your timing is perfect and will try to show it to some of the people at the show next week.

@hxmendoza have you ever seen a tip like this one

1 minute ago, Kane said:

John, I think a few more close-up images, at different angles, will assist in an ID. :P

Don’t temp me. Good job the forum software is having an image upload glitch ;)

Just now, Troodon said:

And rightfully you delivered.  The tip area is fascinating never seen anything like it, looks like a set of unformed serrations around the tip.   Not sure what to say about it but your timing is perfect and will try to show it to some of the people at the show next week.

@hxmendoza have you ever seen a tip like this one

Pathological I wonder?

Archived