Saw This And Thought Of Ya'll...

tracer

:rofl:

ohhhhh, I've been outed.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

freakin hilarious!!

"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be. " - Douglas Adams

Once again my friend, you have brought tears to my eyes.

I'm even laughing as I pull the glass shards from my arms and hands... That's funny!

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

Alright.... whose been hacking my computer? :unsure:

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

i don't think ya'll are getting why i posted this at all - many of you hang out near coastlines, and johnj is an avid canoeist. the concern was that if there were ravenous, man-eating clams extant as recently as the pliocene, then their descendants may well still be out there and represent an additional hazard to the plethora of risks already inherent in doing what we do. the post was basically intended as a hazard advisory. sheesh. what's wrong with you people?!

Has someone been digging in my backyard or was bottle rocket barbie finally found.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

:rofl::rofl:

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

i don't think ya'll are getting why i posted this at all - many of you hang out near coastlines, and johnj is an avid canoeist. the concern was that if there were ravenous, man-eating clams extant as recently as the pliocene, then their descendants may well still be out there and represent an additional hazard to the plethora of risks already inherent in doing what we do. the post was basically intended as a hazard advisory. sheesh. what's wrong with you people?!

Gummed to death by toothless clams....<shudder>

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

...(whispering) I've seen 'em. I don't say much about it because of all the ridicule, but I heard Harry tell of a close call when he was wrestling that whale thing up onto the beach...just keep it quiet. We don't want to alarm anyone with it being Shark Week and all.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ