Pictures: 2018 Tucson Fossil Show (PICTURE HEAVY)

Troodon

4 minutes ago, hxmendoza said:

Thanks Frank. Yup, the two claws are with the incorrect toe.

If you look at the armarture there is a gap in Digit I claw and phalanx.  So possibly it was made correctly but put out incorrectly.  Good eye for seeing that.

IMG_0955.JPG.c6c6feff63ddf3f3acd3a9670389abcd.jpg.75204a9aeca5dde6c839fe267db7d91b.jpg

Quite a mind blowing experience--thanks for posting all of the eye candy. I don't know that I could have endured this show in person--would have been sensory overload.

Cheers.

-Ken

I appreciate all of the positive feedback, thank you.  I really enjoyed putting this together and looking at the views, over 12K, in just a couple of weeks there was definitely lots of interest.  Love the participation by others made it more interesting for me.   I took over 1500 pictures and most of them were posted so I think it was a reasonable sample of the fossil side of the show.  Unfortunately not all dealers wanted photos taken so you have to come to see it all.

Its a real interesting event and if you ever get a chance to come don't pass it up.   You don't have to spend a lot of cash just enjoy everything and have fun.  If your interests are in minerals well this is the place.   Its unbelievable how many dealers, from all over the world are here, it dwarfs the fossil side.  There something for everyone at these venues, your significant other would enjoy walking through the trinket tents, lots of little treasures to take home.

Thank you to all those that contributed photos @GeschWhat @HamptonsDoc @Sagebrush Steve @BadlandTraveller 

Thank @LordTrilobite for pointing cool items in matrix boxes that made my collection even better

Nice meeting Brett  @BadlandTraveller and JP @jpc

Lets do it again next year but this show as has me eager to get out to the badlands and start collecting, spring cannot be far away.

Thank you Frank , you did a really incredible job showing all of us who could not attend the delights of the Tucson show. One of my favourite threads since I have joined the TFF.  The next best thing to been there. . 

Cheers Bobby

Frank, thank you so much for all the photos/posts. I was able to make it down to the show 5 times this year, and still only scratched the surface. Since I stay in the Phoenix area when I'm there, I usually visit the shows that I know and maybe try one new one each year. Your posts really helped me identify some great new venues, and next year I am determined to attempt to visit even more of them. It truly is an amazing event.

Fantastic images were posted, so thanks a lot to everyone, but of course especially you Frank!

As I (unfortunately!) doubt that I will be there next year, I will eagerly be awaiting the 2019 version of this topic :D

Best regards,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Frank I do not know you personally but from this thread and all the pictures and the quality of them, as well as your comments I can tell you are one heck of a stand out in the crowd.  Through your pictures one gets an awesome inside view of the show and what it has to offer. Maybe next year I will be able to make it. Sad fact my parents just sold their Phoenix house and I may not have a close place to stay. Your pictures are very professional and superb.  Thanks for taking us all along with you as each day we all waited in anticipation for the days photos to be posted.  I for one really enjoyed all the dino stuff and it was nice to get a look at the fake stuff out of Morocco. I know if I can't make next year's show there will be the picture heavy 2019 Tucson show thread. Thanks again you are the man.  

Merci troodon☺

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. Terry Pratchett ...

• 1 month later...

One day I will be able to go to this incredible place. I need to get in with people that visit this show there's so much to see and possibly even collect!

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

Archived