Pictures: 2018 Tucson Fossil Show (PICTURE HEAVY)

Troodon

Detail of the show logistics can be found in the following topic

Dealers are slowly getting into town and its a madhouse looking at the dealers setting up.  The show officially starts Thursday but some are already open in the Ramada and Tucson Hotel that I visited today.  Here are some pictures.  

Tucson Hotel City Center - 

IMG_0598.thumb.JPG.5169981051fba2ec3ad288b7640b634e.JPGIMG_0597.thumb.JPG.189e2265333bb58659196dbcb8e121ef.JPGIMG_0595.thumb.JPG.ebce1f674e2bd622edc8d69df7068ff2.JPGIMG_0591.thumb.JPG.ce5c84f5f9e030423891981fae5b812d.JPGIMG_0603.thumb.JPG.d2a5951a365c7462f1fa69ed1d765195.JPGIMG_0592.thumb.JPG.f79c0b111d33d7fdb78cd5eca233a067.JPGIMG_0594.thumb.JPG.bef0933ee1f7ec1cd4b8fad15729d31f.JPG

IMG_0606.thumb.JPG.c13522336fd1b422ac17ca67a07992bd.JPG

IMG_0609.thumb.JPG.9f6363f15226d5a388e6c40d78139a4a.JPGIMG_0610.thumb.JPG.f50429528db7834c49fab5254487a9d5.JPG

Wow... this stuff is incredible. Especially those trilobites. And that last fish. Well everything is. Thanks for sharing.

Great pics and some of those prices do not look to bad.

Can you please remind me what "Keystone" means with prices such as shown on the Megs- I totally forgot.

Keeps the pics coming.

Just now, Nimravis said:

Great pics and some of those prices do not look to bad.

Can you please remind me what "Keystone" means with prices such as shown on the Megs- I totally forgot.

Keeps the pics coming.

Keystone are for wholesale dealers and prices are reduced by 50%

12 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Keystone are for wholesale dealers and prices are reduced by 50%

Okay- so, I want to be a wholesale dealer to myself :dinothumb:

Wow some lovely fossil for sale. Also I like the sculptures very cool. Shows in the uk are not very good in comparison. @Troodon and @Nimravis I hope you both find some cool stuff.

thanks Frank for the preview 

7 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Wow some lovely fossil for sale. Also I like the sculptures very cool. Shows in the uk are not very good in comparison. @Troodon and @Nimravis I hope you both find some cool stuff.

The Tucson show is one of a kind and engulfs a city.  I enjoy seeing dealers and collectors from everywhere and meeting old friends. 

10 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

I wish I was there, but I’m still in the cold- maybe next year.

Someday I gotta go to that, it seems amazingly huge (most things over my budget, but nice to look at no less). It seems to rival many museums collections.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Incredible!  I cannot believe all of those Meg teeth! And they appear to be of great quality. Then add in all of the other great fossils, and all I can say is WOW! 

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Shoot, I obviously went to the wrong venues. Just going as an observer would be worth the trip.

On the other hand, I would likely stand out in the crowd having to have a huge drool bucket hanging off my neck.  

Thank you Frank for the early walk through. Not many of us get a view before the crowds bombard.

It's sad that I'm too young to cross states just for a fossil show... those fossils are just amazing and considering how cheap and quality they are, its just amazing.

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

7 minutes ago, Macrophyseter said:

It's sad that I'm too young to cross states just for a fossil show... those fossils are just amazing and considering how cheap and quality they are, its just amazing.

Great weekend outing for the family only a 7 hour drive :D

9 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Great weekend outing for the family only a 7 hour drive :D

Oh come ON! You have a family that would love that kind of stuff and the time, while I'm stuck here trying to save my History A grade for a 3.9 first-semester weighted GPA (It's funny how a stupid decimal can determine so much) :P

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Some drool-worthy items in that show. I'm kinda glad that I only collect what I can find myself or I'd easily blow my retirement savings at a show like that. :wacko:

I enjoy going to these shows to oggle at the goodies and to become aware of types of fossils I never saw before. Looks like it was a fun trip.

Cheers.

-Ken

Wow, some incredible displays. I'm sure it is much better to see in person, and perhaps the best non-museum congregation of fossils currently in the US (apart from RJB's fossil shed!). 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

9 minutes ago, Kane said:

Wow, some incredible displays. I'm sure it is much better to see in person, and perhaps the best non-museum congregation of fossils currently in the US (apart from RJB's fossil shed!). 

The best part is you can touch and hold these specimens.  All of these are also very real unlike what you may see in the Moroccan tents. 

I, like everyone else that reads your post, wishes we were there. Thanks for showing us. Can you tell me what those "daisy like" fossils are?   

9 hours ago, Macrophyseter said:

Oh come ON! You have a family that would love that kind of stuff and the time, while I'm stuck here trying to save my History A grade for a 3.9 first-semester weighted GPA (It's funny how a stupid decimal can determine so much) :P

Aren't fossils considered part of History? Therefore, a field trip should be in order to study said history. ;)

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Archived