VTinNorthAB

Hey! Is there a winners gallery for FotY? 

If there is, is there any way to sticky it to the top?

I believe that they are still voting. The polls seem to be still up I think.

EDIT: Actually, they've closed the polls, so I'm guessing that they're processing the results or something.

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

I look for them under Awards.

Edit: if you clik on the # awarded, links to winners will show in a pop up window.

"I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in. Of what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?"  ~Aldo Leopold (1887-1948) 

New Mexico Museum of Natural History Bulletins    

point.thumb.jpg.e8c20b9cd1882c9813380ade830e1f32.jpg research.jpg.932a4c776c9696d3cf6133084c2d9a84.jpg  RPV.jpg.d17a6f3deca931bfdce34e2a5f29511d.jpg  SJB.jpg.f032e0b315b0e335acf103408a762803.jpg  butterfly.jpg.71c7cc456dfbbae76f15995f00b221ff.jpg  Htoad.jpg.3d40423ae4f226cfcc7e0aba3b331565.jpg  library.jpg.56c23fbd183a19af79384c4b8c431757.jpg  OIP.jpg.163d5efffd320f70f956e9a53f9cd7db.jpg

8 minutes ago, VTinNorthAB said:

Hey! Is there a winners gallery for FotY? 

If there is, is there any way to sticky it to the top?

There is a thread on the Fossil of the month subforum that is pinned to the top of the menu. It is titled "Winners Gallery" - the previous winners of fossil of the year are in that gallery, along with the monthly winners.

Here is a link to it...

• I found this Informative 3

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

3 minutes ago, ynot said:

There is a thread on the Fossil of the month subforum that is pinned to the top of the menu. It is titled "Winners Gallery" - the previous winners of fossil of the year are in that gallery, along with the monthly winners.

Awesome so they’re just included with winners gallery instead of their own thread?

Shouldn't that be "Awesome thank ya kindly, eh".  

Yer in Canada, dontcha know.

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

2 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Shouldn't that be "Awesome thank ya kindly, eh".  

No doobt aboot it there ya hoser bahaha

1 minute ago, caldigger said:

Shouldn't that be "Awesome thank you kindly, eh".  

She obviously translated for My benefit!:P

2 minutes ago, ynot said:

She obviously translated for My benefit!:P

Kind of you to notice lol!  

Now if you don’t mind...I gotta put on my toque and take the moose out for a walk...keeps putting holes in my igloo...I only hope the northern lights are bright enough to light the ice road,so I can swing by Timmy’s for a coffee and timbits eh!

I declare, y'all surely do talk funny up in that freezin' place.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

1 hour ago, snolly50 said:

I declare, y'all surely do talk funny up in that freezin' place.

Hey now, what’s all this kerfuffle aboot b’y?  Don’t be a hoser eh?!  No need to get your gotch in a wad about how we talk. 

How aboot this...I’m gonna give’r and be out and about tomorrow...I will stop and get a two-four and we can all watch the game.  It’s only a few klicks away and the windchill isn’t that bad, so a bunnyhug and a toque should be warm enough.  You guys bring the Timmy’s, timbits and beaver tails...don’t worry aboot the maple syrup.  I got enough of that, no doobt aboot it.  There will also be plenty of poutine and donairs to go around so yep.

But right now I’m gonna take off eh, I will talk at ya later...it’s late so I’m going to go to sleep

((Oh and by the way, my dad does talk with a “Fargo-ish” accent and yes it’s hilarious))

• I found this Informative 2

It's good to hear that some things don't change from generation to generation (Just in case you're wondering, I live in Germany, but I'm Canajun thru and thru, eh?)

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

There was an old joke about how to distinguish between a Canadian and a New Yorker. The Canadian would say, "what's your problem, eh?" and the New Yorker would say, "eh, what's your problem?"

(I can faithfully say that I've never uttered "eh" or "aboot" in my life :P ). 

• I found this Informative 3

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

3 hours ago, Kane said:

You just did!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Ah, but I bet you did sound it out in your mind as you were typing it. Sorry, I just had to get you on that technicality.:doh!:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

3 hours ago, Kane said:

There was an old joke about how to distinguish between a Canadian and a New Yorker. The Canadian would say, "what's your problem, eh?" and the New Yorker would say, "eh, what's your problem?"

It’s funny, my hubby is American and will tell me I unconsciously say eh quite frequently.  When I lived in the States I went out of my way NOT to say it.  Now that I’m back in Canada it’s back haha

My dad and his side of the family all have the Fargo-ish accent...Apparently, mine only comes out in certain words and yes ‘about’ is one of them.  Other words are hose, house, mouse, tag, flag...etc and it’s apparently an exaggeration of the vowel sounds (especially ‘ou’).  

4 hours ago, Kane said:

Actually us New Yorkers are more likely to say " Hey WHAT THE !@#* IS YOUR PROBLEM?!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

I've lived in the States for 28 years now (:o!) and people still pick out the Canadian accent sometimes.  Of course I live in Georgia so there's more contrast with the locals than there is with Arizonians for example.

Don

44 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

At least we say eh and they say huh.

Huh, what the eh?

I got to go warsh My dishis in the wash.

From New Mexico, eh!

21 hours ago, Macrophyseter said:

I believe that they are still voting. The polls seem to be still up I think.

EDIT: Actually, they've closed the polls, so I'm guessing that they're processing the results or something.

The polls for FoTY are not closed.  Votes are accepted until Jan 26.  So please drive yourself insane trying to choose one favorite vertebrate fossil and one favorite invertebrate/plant from amongst the selection of fantastic drool-worthy contenders.

Don