Another dig

Ludwigia

59 minutes ago, Kane said:

Well, you know that old saying: "you can't have too many Macrocephalites." :P 

Nicely prepared, as always. The beeswax definitely lends them a nice, but not overbearing sheen (and gives them a nice texture to hold in hand). 

Good luck on breaking new ground - We'll be here, eager for a report. :) 

Ok. Will do. I'm hoping to get out again on Tuesday.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

As always, great work Roger! I never get tired of looking at your work!:drool:

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

47 minutes ago, ynot said:

More niceness!!

Thanks for the continuing show!

Tony

PS Good luck on the next adventure!

It's not quite the greatest show on earth, but it sure is fun creating it.

Well done, Roger!  I always enjoy reading about your hunts, and seeing all of the goodies that you find :drool:

4 hours ago, Monica said:

Well done, Roger!  I always enjoy reading about your hunts, and seeing all of the goodies that you find :drool:

Glad you're enjoying yourself, Monica. I sure hope we manage to get out for a hunt together when I come over in June.

20 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Glad you're enjoying yourself, Monica. I sure hope we manage to get out for a hunt together when I come over in June.

Me too!  We can always hit up Etobicoke or Mimico Creeks on a Saturday or a Sunday - just give me a call when you arrive and we'll work something out.  I imagine that I'll have my and Viola's fossil collections fully up on display by then, so you can come and have a look if you like (and also meet my husband (a great guy of Austrian heritage, but not interested in fossils at all) and son (still more into garbage than fossils, as evidenced by what he said over the holidays: "When I grow up, I want to be a trash can" - hilarious!) and cat (he's just plain sweet)).

By the way - are you and Malcolm heading out anywhere cool (i.e. a quarry) while you're in town?  If so, I might be tempted to tag along - I have a "personal day" that I haven't yet used and I'd love to try to collect from somewhere new with people who know the place (and if it's on a school day then I won't feel so badly about leaving Viola behind :P).

9 hours ago, Monica said:

Me too!  We can always hit up Etobicoke or Mimico Creeks on a Saturday or a Sunday - just give me a call when you arrive and we'll work something out.  I imagine that I'll have my and Viola's fossil collections fully up on display by then, so you can come and have a look if you like (and also meet my husband (a great guy of Austrian heritage, but not interested in fossils at all) and son (still more into garbage than fossils, as evidenced by what he said over the holidays: "When I grow up, I want to be a trash can" - hilarious!) and cat (he's just plain sweet)).

By the way - are you and Malcolm heading out anywhere cool (i.e. a quarry) while you're in town?  If so, I might be tempted to tag along - I have a "personal day" that I haven't yet used and I'd love to try to collect from somewhere new with people who know the place (and if it's on a school day then I won't feel so badly about leaving Viola behind :P).

Yes, I was planning on giving you a call. Looking forward to meeting the family as well. Does your husband speak German? I haven't made any concrete plans with Malcolm yet, but I'm hoping to at least get to JD with him, although you can only collect there on the weekend. I'll let you know as soon as we get something worked out.

I have to admit to being a little surprised at the lack of snow in Germany at this time of year. You must be having a mild winter.

Even though they're the 'usual suspects' they turned out great! Awesome prep as usual!

6 hours ago, JimB88 said:

I have to admit to being a little surprised at the lack of snow in Germany at this time of year. You must be having a mild winter.

Even though they're the 'usual suspects' they turned out great! Awesome prep as usual!

I'm just as surprised as you that the weather here is warmer than it's been at this time of year for a long time. And it just started raining again! Talk about extreme! Glad you like the ammos :)

Whoa this seems like an awesome place! Thanks for the awesome trip report, and congrats on the finds too :D

Is this the same place as where you found all (or most) of the gorgeous bivalves you recently posted in Collections?

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

1 hour ago, Max-fossils said:

Whoa this seems like an awesome place! Thanks for the awesome trip report, and congrats on the finds too :D

Is this the same place as where you found all (or most) of the gorgeous bivalves you recently posted in Collections?

No. The ones I've posted so far come from other sites. I've really not found much in the way of bivalves here.

On 1/30/2018 at 3:44 PM, Ludwigia said:

Yes, I was planning on giving you a call. Looking forward to meeting the family as well. Does your husband speak German? I haven't made any concrete plans with Malcolm yet, but I'm hoping to at least get to JD with him, although you can only collect there on the weekend. I'll let you know as soon as we get something worked out.

Hi again, Roger!

No, my husband doesn't speak German, but he understands a bit.  His dad's family fled Austria during WW2 when his dad was onlly 2 - they stayed in France until he was around 11 and then they came to Canada, so even his dad doesn't really speak that much German.

As for your plans with Malcolm - I'd love it if you'd keep me in the loop - perhaps I can join you this year (if I'm invited, of course! :P) - we'll see...

Take care, and continue to keep us posted about your German finds!!!

Monica

14 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

No. The ones I've posted so far come from other sites. I've really not found much in the way of bivalves here.

Ah ok. 

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

3 hours ago, Monica said:

Hi again, Roger!

No, my husband doesn't speak German, but he understands a bit.  His dad's family fled Austria during WW2 when his dad was onlly 2 - they stayed in France until he was around 11 and then they came to Canada, so even his dad doesn't really speak that much German.

As for your plans with Malcolm - I'd love it if you'd keep me in the loop - perhaps I can join you this year (if I'm invited, of course! :P) - we'll see...

Take care, and continue to keep us posted about your German finds!!!

Monica

See ya later alligator

Archived