The Pickle Jars

Bobby Rico

2 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

We are freinds with his wife. I spent about 3 or 4 hour with him and had a real laugh too. He opened lots of the jars and got the specimens out . Thank you for you kind comments too.

Really cool. Not many people get that opportunity! :trilosurprise:

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

4 minutes ago, Jaimin013 said:

Really cool. Not many people get that opportunity! :trilosurprise:

That is true and with the curator it is in my top 10 best days. :dinothumb:

A fun party game would be to line up a few of those jars and have your blindfolded guests attempt to guess what they are tasting. :P

8 hours ago, DanKurek said:

Nice report! The giant squid is amazing

The squid was found in the Falkland Islands by some fishermen. It was gifted to the museum and in return when it was housed probably the museum payed for the fisherman and their family’s to visit the squid again. It is incredible and it was going on general public  display in a gallery in the museum but when they did a health and safety check it was to heavy for the flooring . So it has to stay with the pickle jars . 

I remember seeing a very similar giant squid either at the Smithsonian,  or  the Chicago Field Museum I can't remember which one for certain.  It would have probably been 8-10 years ago.

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

21 hours ago, JohnBrewer said:

Anytime you and Mrs R are near Manchester let me know Bobby, it would be Kate, Violet and my pleasure........

Nice thank you . we definitely will . 

Archived