First trip of the year tomorrow! Yaaaaaay!!!

Darktooth

I have decided it is time for my first fossilhunt of the year. I have been itching to go, and the weather is supposed to be decent. So I plan on checking out Deep Springs Road or Cole Hill or maybe I will hit up both. I am bringing the boys with me. I am really hoping for some decent finds. Winter has been very rough the past couple months. This was a last minute decision and I am getting very excited. If anyone wants to meet up, feel free to PM. I know this is very short notice. I will give a report on how things turn out. Wish me luck!:D

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Good luck out there! I'm not that far from you weather-wise, and I was briefly out in the field today. Expect some frozen patches, and maybe some mud. But that never stopped anyone determined to make the most of a brief winter thaw to tide one over until spring!

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

11 minutes ago, Jeffrey P said:

Good luck Dave. Unusual that those sites are available in January. Hope you find the big one.

Hey Jeff and Kane, I am not sure what to expect when we get there but earlier in the week we had warmer weather and rain which melted a lot of the snow we had. If I can find even a small portion of exposed area I will be in business and make the best of it. I will include pics with report. Thanks guys!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

35 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

I have decided it is time for my first fossilhunt of the year. I have been itching to go, and the weather is supposed to be decent. So I plan on checking out Deep Springs Road or Cole Hill or maybe I will hit up both. I am bringing the boys with me. I am really hoping for some decent finds. Winter has been very rough the past couple months. This was a last minute decision and I am getting very excited. If anyone wants to meet up, feel free to PM. I know this is very short notice. I will give a report on how things turn out. Wish me luck!:D

:envy::(:popcorn:

Good luck Dave!  :fingerscrossed:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Good luck, I’ll keep an eye out for your report!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

You deserve a good day of hunting, Dave, If it wasn't a 4-hour drive I'd be tempted to go to too. The weather sounds pretty decent for January. Good luck.

Mike

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

50 minutes ago, Pagurus said:

You deserve a good day of hunting, Dave, If it wasn't a 4-hour drive I'd be tempted to go to. The weather sounds pretty decent for January. Good luck.

Mike

My sentiments as well. Would love to get out and do one more hunt with the kiddos before being back on duty weekends.  The drive is just a bit too far though...

Look forward to a trip report. Happy hunting!

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I know I am going to have a hard time sleeping tonight!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

You are lucky to have collecting weather in January, Over here it's been rain rain rain! (I have collected in Dec and Jan before, but not the last couple years).

:popcorn:

12 hours ago, Darktooth said:

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I know I am going to have a hard time sleeping tonight!

That seems to happen with any hunt.  Be it Deer or Fossils it's always leads to a hard night's sleep.  Good luck today.

I was on the phone with Jeff a few hours ago and he told me that you are going out to collect.....Your a brave man to venture in to the snow of central NY. I hope that warm spell melted enough snow for you. I can't wait to get myself up there this coming spring.....Good luck with you fossil hunt and leave some stuff for us....LOL

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

6 hours ago, Ropterus said:

Hope you do well Dave! Glad to see you back active on the forum again!

Thanks Scott, its good to be back!

@Ropterus

2 hours ago, njfossilhunter said:

I was on the phone with Jeff a few hours ago and he told me that you are going out to collect.....Your a brave man to venture in to the snow of central NY. I hope that warm spell melted enough snow for you. I can't wait to get myself up there this coming spring.....Good luck with you fossil hunt and leave some stuff for us....LOL

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

His hunt was today. Hope he didn't get iced out. Fossil hunters are brave souls!

@njfossilhunter @Tidgy's Dad @caldigger I just woke up after passing out on the couch. Had a nice day hunting. A lot of snow has melted so there was plenty af exposed rock to search through. We left the house at 9 am, and didn't get home till 5pm. I will post a full report tomorrow. It was nice to get out. We all found some goodies. Nothing spectacular but all in all a good day with my boys.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

2 hours ago, Darktooth said:

Thanks Scott, its good to be back!

@Ropterus

@njfossilhunter @Tidgy's Dad @caldigger I just woke up after passing out on the couch. Had a nice day hunting. A lot of snow has melted so there was plenty af exposed rock to search through. We left the house at 9 am, and didn't get home till 5pm. I will post a full report tomorrow. It was nice to get out. We all found some goodies. Nothing spectacular but all in all a good day with my boys.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Most splendid! 

Sweet dreams and I'll sit here waiting for your results post. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Archived