January Calvert Cliffs finds

paxhunter

So 2018 has been on a roller coaster of sorts. The east coast was hit with a prolonged cold snap to start the year which froze all the beaches up and most of the Chesapeake Bay too. So there was no hunting at all for the first week and a half of the year. The weather finally broke and i hit the beach i was luck enough to find a nice 2" meg/chub and the tripmaker was a pathological hubbell megalodon i was super stoked. Then the cold came back and once again the beaches froze right back up, so I was back off the beach again. The weather broke and all the ice went away and i hit the beach yesterday and killed it. Found the beautiful lower lateral meg that is just under 3.5", a couple nice makos, the 2 1/4' chub and a super sharp little meg. I also cleaned up on cetecean verts and chesapectens and an inner earbone it has been an up and down kind of month. Here is to a productive 2018. Hope everyone does well.

27072436_10204018884268111_4220802347990778062_n.jpg

26908037_10204018884068106_8223465106339368651_n.jpg

26906937_10204018883828100_4224188406522356291_n.jpg

26731652_10203972205861180_454095025937520068_n.jpg

27073108_10204018884708122_1039419213970864288_n.jpg

26731238_10203972107058710_4042385188290738672_n.jpg

Congratulations on the finds! You have done well! I am envious of those teeth!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Very nice!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Maybe up and down, but looks like a banner month to me. Big congrats and thanks for sharing. Those megs and makos look super!

Nice finds.....congrats     its been over a year since i'v been south to collect in the Miocene

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

Wow, this was from Brownie on the 26th?  I was there early and everything there was frozen and I didn't see any teeth!

45 minutes ago, Crazy Squirrel said:

Wow, this was from Brownie on the 26th?  I was there early and everything there was frozen and I didn't see any teeth!

Bring a bucket and fill it with gravel next time, sure to find some smaller teeth back home;)

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

This was from a few miles south of brownies on the 25th i went up to Brownies a little bit later on in the afternoon that is where i found the earbone and thanks everybody the next few weeks should be good along the bay with so much new material down from the recent freeze its all getting washed away very exciting!!

3 minutes ago, paxhunter said:

This was from a few miles south of brownies on the 25th i went up to Brownies a little bit later on in the afternoon that is where i found the earbone and thanks everybody the next few weeks should be good along the bay with so much new material down from the recent freeze its all getting washed away very exciting!!

If you don't mind me asking, I’m wondering whether to go to try my luck at Brownies (I’m guessing the crowds will have cleaned it out but maybe there is enough to go around?) or WV for some trilos. You think the cliffs would have anything for me today?

Happy hunting,

Mason

9 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

If you don't mind me asking, I’m wondering whether to go to try my luck at Brownies (I’m guessing the crowds will have cleaned it out but maybe there is enough to go around?) or WV for some trilos. You think the cliffs would have anything for me today?

I always tell people to get out there and look this time of year new material is constantly washing up from falls and the crowds are less in the winter. I have also found megs in other peoples footprints so even though other people are walking they cant find em all. I cant tell you how many time i find beautiful teeth on my walk back which means i walked past them on my first pass lol

3 minutes ago, paxhunter said:

I always tell people to get out there and look this time of year new material is constantly washing up from falls and the crowds are less in the winter. I have also found megs in other peoples footprints so even though other people are walking they cant find em all. I cant tell you how many time i find beautiful teeth on my walk back which means i walked past them on my first pass lol

Okay I think I’ll go for it then, maybe this will be the time I find a meg (or even a hastilis, for some reason they seem to hide from me).

Happy hunting,

Mason

10 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Okay I think I’ll go for it then, maybe this will be the time I find a meg (or even a hastilis, for some reason they seem to hide from me).

I was sitting here having the same debate about going for a walk on the beach or not lol

9 minutes ago, paxhunter said:

I was sitting here having the same debate about going for a walk on the beach or not lol

“To Fossil hunt or not to fossil hunt, that is the question” lol

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

“To Fossil hunt or not to fossil hunt, that is the question” lol

I had such an epic hunt on thursday im afraid to go for disappointment but that means i might miss a 6"er lol

Man killer finds, that little Hubble is sweeeeet:envy:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

29 minutes ago, jcbshark said:

Man killer finds, that little Hubble is sweeeeet:envy:

Thanks and to top it off its pathological its one of my faves in my entire collection!

26731004_10203986465617665_4179514563796596911_n.jpg

Awesome finds! Those Makos are beautiful. Hoping 2018 will bring me my first Meg

The Hunt for the Hemipristine continues!

~Hoppe hunting!~

On 1/28/2018 at 10:29 AM, paxhunter said:

2 minutes ago, Calvert Cliff Dweller said:

What beach do you hunt paxhunter ?

;) (also welcome to the forum @Calvert Cliff Dweller From Carroll County MD)

Happy hunting,

Mason

Archived