January Calvert Cliffs finds

paxhunter

@paxhunter Killer finds!  I’ll be in D.C. for work and am staying till Tuesday.  I’ll have most of Fri and Sat to hunt.  Any advice for me?  I know it’ll be cold so I’ll dress accordingly. I see there is some type of state park is that where most people hunt or are most of the beachs between Brownies and CC good areas to hunt?  Do you normally where waders or rain boots?

I see it’s not supposed to get above freezing on Friday.  Does this mean everything will be frozen and not really possible for hunting?  

Sorry for all the questions.  Trying to maximize my time out there.

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Jakuzi said:

@paxhunter Killer finds!  I’ll be in D.C. for work and am staying till Tuesday.  I’ll have most of Fri and Sat to hunt.  Any advice for me?  I know it’ll be cold so I’ll dress accordingly. I see there is some type of state park is that where most people hunt or are most of the beachs between Brownies and CC good areas to hunt?  Do you normally where waders or rain boots?

I see it’s not supposed to get above freezing on Friday.  Does this mean everything will be frozen and not really possible for hunting?  

Sorry for all the questions.  Trying to maximize my time out there.

Thanks!

The 3 main public access points that most people tend to hit are Brownies to the north  Matoaka Cabins in the center of the county and Calvert Cliffs State park to the south. This time of year i definitely suggest waders so you dont have to worry about the water sneaking up on you and it gives you an added layer for warmth. The best advice i can give is to check around trees and the fallen clay boulders sometimes people miss good finds around them and walk slowly along the surfline on a falling tide. The beaches should not be frozen up or if the are they should thaw by mid morning so dont let that deter you. Good luck and if you have any other questions feel free to ask!! 

26 minutes ago, paxhunter said:

The 3 main public access points that most people tend to hit are Brownies to the north  Matoaka Cabins in the center of the county and Calvert Cliffs State park to the south. This time of year i definitely suggest waders so you dont have to worry about the water sneaking up on you and it gives you an added layer for warmth. The best advice i can give is to check around trees and the fallen clay boulders sometimes people miss good finds around them and walk slowly along the surfline on a falling tide. The beaches should not be frozen up or if the are they should thaw by mid morning so dont let that deter you. Good luck and if you have any other questions feel free to ask!! 

Thanks for the advice!  Glad to hear that the beach won’t be frozen.

29 minutes ago, Calvert Cliff Dweller said:

Hey Pax I am new to this site how do I private message you.

Just go to the little envelope at the top or hover over a profile and click message

45 minutes ago, Calvert Cliff Dweller said:

ALOT of trespassers on my beach today!

I promise it wasn’t me!:D

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

26 minutes ago, Calvert Cliff Dweller said:

No worries, Your welcome to come down anytime Old line hunter.

Thanks, that’s very kind of you! 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 hours ago, Calvert Cliff Dweller said:

ALOT of trespassers on my beach today!

I saw Jim Erdman there so i know he was on of your trespassers cause he doesnt live there I was there for like 30 minutes then a buddy of mine asked if I wanted to walk down south with him so I bolted lol

4 minutes ago, paxhunter said:

Jim Erdman

Is he the one who sells fossils on route 4? 

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 hour ago, paxhunter said:

Yes right at the county line @WhodamanHD

Yeah, I’ve talked to him twice (lot better finds at his stand then what I’ll find). Very informative guy, hope to talk to him more.

Happy hunting,

Mason

Archived